Israel, aligned with US for Iran war

The first clue that your plan is unrealistic at best is that is presumes that the one thing missing is "pressure on Israel".

555555555 Any UN resolution on Israel is killed by the US. They have zero pressure on them to do anything. And it shows.

Regards,

SD -- disgusted by the Hebes (and the Pals too)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm. Rummy said, in Feb 2003: "It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." Coming from the SECDEF, that's official position.

You don't say what you believe Rummy meant by "it". Baghdad fell in 3.5 weeks so the Donald may have hit the mark just about right.

<< I also seem to recall Argentina got lucky >>

As I recall, radar picked up the missiles coming in, but somebody "higher up" refused to believe it and no action was taken until it was too late.

No doubt missiles have advanced since then, but so have detection and anti-missile techniques. Even so, I was happy enough to do my fighting on land - where I could dig a hole and duck.

Any UN resolution on Israel is killed by the US. They have zero pressure on them to do anything. And it shows.

The UN is far from the only source of "pressure" on Israel, and in fact the UN exerts no real pressure anyway. What are their resolutions worth without the force of American arms behind them? Nothing.

So who is putting "pressure" on the Palestinians? Anyone?

Hmmm. Rummy said' date=' in Feb 2003: "It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." Coming from the SECDEF, that's official position.[/quote']

You don't say what you believe Rummy meant by "it". Baghdad fell in 3.5 weeks so the Donald may have hit the mark just about right.

Typical neo-con, being untruthful until the end. I admit, it is kinda fun watching you thrash about looking for a life preserver. Too bad I'm gonna throw you a rock :grinyes: :

[color:purple]* Feb. 7 2003, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, to U.S. troops in Aviano, Italy: "It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."

* March 16 2003, Vice President Cheney, on NBC's Meet the Press: "I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators. . . . I think it will go relatively quickly, . . . (in) weeks rather than months." He predicted that regular Iraqi soldiers would not "put up such a struggle" and that even "significant elements of the Republican Guard . . . are likely to step aside."[/color]

Link

Regards,

SD

* Feb. 7 2003, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, to U.S. troops in Aviano, Italy: "It is unknowable how long that conflict will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."

* March 16 2003, Vice President Cheney, on NBC's Meet the Press: "I think things have gotten so bad inside Iraq, from the standpoint of the Iraqi people, my belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators. . . . I think it will go relatively quickly, . . . (in) weeks rather than months." He predicted that regular Iraqi soldiers would not "put up such a struggle" and that even "significant elements of the Republican Guard . . . are likely to step aside."

So what's your point? All of the above came to pass, right?

Archived