Israel, aligned with US for Iran war

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH,

>> if the Israelis start bombing Muslims in Afghanistan, the other Muslim nations might not side with us, or could also turn on us.

I still don't buy it. Israel could at least send some medical units operating away from the front line treating allied soldiers and Muslim prisoners alike. They might win a few hearts and minds that way. But no, nothing to help in a war fought partly in their name.

I wish the US were as sensitive to Muslim and world opinion every time US vetoes a UN resolution that is critical of Israel.

Flashermac,

>> But does the average Jew believe that nowadays? Most Jews I know are very un-religious.

â?¦ then why do they want a Jewish State?

You rely very heavily on stereotyping and generalization. When presented with crazy Bible quotes you claim that most Jews would not believe that, but when itâ??s crazy Quran quotes you claim that most Muslims would believe it. Thatâ??s bigotry.

The Jewish and Christian Bible has many loony bits too. .Landover Baptist Church ... it's a hoot. But not a patch on the hilarious Hindu pantheon.

>> Ethnic cleansing is extremely nasty, but is effective.

Have you any moral values too, like peopleâ??s right to "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"? You seem to admire Israelâ??s ethnic cleansing for its military effectiveness. Presumably you admire Hitler too for murdering 6 million Jews to create Lebensraumâ?¦ not many Jews in Germany and Poland today. If Hitler hadnâ??t bitten off more than he could chew by attacking Russia, or you blokes hadnâ??t come to the aid of Europe, you might have been praising the military efficacy of his ethnic cleansing on this board todayâ?¦ but in German!

You seem to want to take as gospel (excuse pun) everything you read about Islam, and bombard us with it in almost daily anti Islamic posts. You obviously have a racist/religionist axe to grind. That's the bit that I find dangerous, whipping up Islamophobic hysteria. It's the same mentality as the jailers in Abu Ghraib. I watched an interview on BBCWorld last night with a US Marines officer. When he learnt of the abuse at Abu Ghraib, he was furious. His words: "That's the sort of dumb thing that will get a marine killed."â?¦ and he was right.

In my first post I was suggesting that with a few small concessions which are reversible anyway, Israel could be living at peace with her neighbours. Letâ??s aim for détente and a lasting peace, not hatred and warmongering.

:beer:

I applaud the New York Jewish society for their tsunami relief donation too. I think Israel actually sent a medical team there too or it may even have been the Pakistani Kashmir earthquake :up: There are many people of good will in this world: Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists and atheists. I'd just like them to stand up and be heard more often. Instead of being bullied into silence by McCarthy tactics.

Smearing of Israeli critics

Israel suppressing a secret it must face

Profile: Johann Hari

"Evil prospers when good men do nothing" (Edmund Burke or John Philpot Curran)

:beer:

Hmmm, I think you are misinterpreting here...first off, I do agree Israel should fight it's own battles and contribute in those fought ion their behalf. 2nd, if it were up to me, Palestine could have it all back, doesn't matter to me at all. 3rd, I do agree that the atrocities committed by Israel and or in their name, are great in number, and are grossly under reported, if reported at all. Hence, I do agree the USA needs to change our policy regarding Israel.

<< You rely very heavily on stereotyping and generalization. When presented with crazy Bible quotes you claim that most Jews would not believe that, but when itâ??s crazy Quran quotes you claim that most Muslims would believe it. Thatâ??s bigotry. >>

I don't think so. I know a fair number of Muslims. Enough have told me they believe it.

<< Have you any moral values too, like peopleâ??s right to "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"? You seem to admire Israelâ??s ethnic cleansing for its military effectiveness. >>

You really think I'm a Zionist, huh. And an immoral one too.

:hmmm:

<< If Hitler hadnâ??t bitten off more than he could chew by attacking Russia, or you blokes hadnâ??t come to the aid of Europe, you might have been praising the military efficacy of his ethnic cleansing on this board todayâ?¦ but in German! >>

I hardly think so. Any more than Europe today is all speaking English or Russian.

<< and bombard us with it in almost daily anti Islamic posts. You obviously have a racist/religionist axe to grind. That's the bit that I find dangerous, whipping up Islamophobic hysteria. >>

Really? Show me where my almost daily anti Islamic posts are, please. Guess I must really be a closest racist. Maybe I should change my name to Rogue Lamb.

Instead of being bullied into silence by McCarthy tactics.

To constantly refer to fascistic political tactics as "McCarthyism" (as opposed to "Stalinism", "Maoism", "Castroism", etc., etc.) is itself fascistic. McCarthy, despite his faults, was neither fascistic nor wrong about Communist infiltration of the U.S. Government.

[color:red]"McCarthy, despite his faults, was neither fascistic nor wrong about Communist infiltration of the U.S. Government."[/color]

The Wikipedia Encyclopedia paints a slightly different picture of the man. This is what they wrote:

"[color:red]"However, McCarthy was never able to substantiate his sensational charges. In succeeding years, McCarthy made accusations of Communist infiltration into the State Department, the administration of President Truman, Voice of America, and the United States Army. He also used charges of communism, communist sympathies, or disloyalty to attack a number of politicians and other individuals inside and outside of government. With the highly publicized Army-McCarthy hearings of 1954, McCarthy's support and popularity began to fade. Later in 1954, the Senate voted to censure Senator McCarthy by a vote of 67 to 22, making him one of the few senators ever to be disciplined in this fashion. McCarthy died in Bethesda Naval Hospital on May 2, 1957, at the age of 48. The official cause of death was acute hepatitis; it is widely accepted that this was brought on by alcoholism"[/color]

The Wikipedia Encyclopedia paints a slightly different picture of the man. This is what they wrote:

"However, McCarthy was never able to substantiate his sensational charges."

One unsubstantiated assertion in a widely-disparaged source is all you need, eh b.t.?

No, rogueyam, the word is not charge but charges.

He also got censured for his actions or, in the language of the resolution, [color:red]"condemned" [/color]for conduct that [color:red]"tended to bring the Senate into dishonor and disrepute." [/color]

He got elected to the Senate in 1950, got his ass censured in 1954. This probably brought about his untimely death in 1957 at the early age of 48.

Archived