Monthly cost of living (Sukhumvit) ?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roi Et, Surin, Udon - man, the possibilities are endless. Time to dig out that map of Isaan and try to plot a route which takes them all in. Did I mention that I also have an email from a gal hoping I will visit her in Chiang Mai ? Could take six months just to see the countryside!

Well, at least GD will spur the Thai rural economy and make many lazy ne'er-do-well Thai men happy with whiskey money for a few months...

Cheers,

SD -- thinks GD should ground himself and understand the lay-of-the-land first before going on snipe hunts...

SD, yes the "snipe hunts" a good one :applause:

I genuinely hope Gobble has a great time, but the bottom line is he's only been to Thailand twice as I understand it? I think he needs to blow a bit of steam off and get places like Suk soi 4 and Pattaya out of his system a bit. And as you suggested leave the "field trips" untill he's settled in a touch more?

Simie.

Me too. He seems a nice enough bloke and I hope he has the time of his life. I just worry about us reading about him in the local English speaking rag..."Aussie punter's body found with a 4" high heel sticking out of the cranium; gold fillings missing. Police suspect suicide."

Cheers,

SD

Thought I'd be conservative at 5%. However at 7.5% you could live off Baht 345,000 a month and still have your original 60 million after 25 years.

as i have said in a earlier post, it will be very difficult in the long term to get a return on investment significantly over 3% without taking a lot of risks. be careful about all the investement consultants who promise you the opposite. you have to share your profits with them while taking high risks; in case of losses, you cover yourself and in addition pay the high fees of those blood suckers.

in addition there is inflation!

Guys, if there didnt appear to be any sarcasm in my 'six months to see the countryside' quip, I apologise - we need a sarcastic smilie that goes beyond 'smirk', IMO.

As much as I would love to get the appropriate 'grounding', the cheaper cost of living in the sticks does have some appeal. I do have a deadline to work to, and that means enrolling in something somewhere in Thailand relatively quickly, unless I can find something where they let you enrol any time - seems unlikely, but who knows ?

If anything, the 'snipe hunts' may push me to see some of the places that I wouldnt if I just drove straight from Khon Kaen to Udon Thani, and places like Surin do have a certain romance for someone who has never been there (as did Guanxi province, until I went there - have to admit that the photos of the Li River countryside make it look a whole lot more attractive than I recall).

Gobble

Archived