RR & B in the Landmark

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep; i said in the other thread that for normal Isaan food over 1000 THB for 2 is a bit on the high side as there are many good places (also in Suk area) where you get good food and drinks (beer, water, juices) for 400-700 THB. but ok, if according to SD the atmosphere is special i have no problem with a price premium.

i do not mind to spend money for good food. in the good italians in town, i often spend 4-5k for two incl. a bottle of wine. i spent recently also over 15k each (for 4 persons) in Vertigo (which sucked!) and in Angelini (which was excellent!)

One person comments that 1000 baht for Thai food is a little expensive? You feeling a bit sensitive today?

Nope, tho' made while drunk last night, it is true about the attitude of the board lately. How many times have I or my friends who post here been called snobbish because we spend money? A reason I do not post as much anymore -- I understand that not everyone can do what we do, but, as I am interested in how the lower end spenders do, I thought others would be interested in places/things that they do not do. But not really, it seems. If someone is not a low end tourist, then they get yelled at by the others. Hence my legitimate question. But I'll do a proper review after today's festivities.

Cheers,

SD

Jez...suhs tiger....a thousand baht for a meal....far can outrageous if you ask me.....

I'd want a feed ...AND a fcuk for that much money....AND change.... :neener::grinyes:

But why *pay* for food....shit it's Sunday...free lunch day.... I even heard you could get a free hamburger at some places today....

So.... 1 beer...80Bt

..."free lunch"....

......leaves 920 Bt for 2 beers and a BJ @ WC

...Much more sensible allocation of available resources

JMHO....lol

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

BKK:

Favorite Thai street food cart: on soi 22: 120 bht (and I am damn full)

Favorite pizza: basilico soi 33: For two usually about 1k

Favorite fast food: Fuji, usually at tesco lotus:

A bit more than 1k for 2

Favorite Thai restaurant: soi 22: about 400K for 2

Favorite crazy Italian: Giusto Soi 23: For 2, about 4-5K without wine

Favorite Vietnamese: Le dalat, for 2 about 5K

etc....

Why mind what you pay as long as you get the quality and the service.

BKK:

Favorite Thai street food cart: on soi 22: 120 bht (and I am damn full)[color:red]Outside Family Mart???[/color]

Favorite pizza: basilico soi 33: For two usually about 1k[color:red]Agree...but would be much better with just a tad more in the toppings Dept....JMHO[/color]

Favorite fast food: Fuji, usually at tesco lotus:

A bit more than 1k for 2[color:red]A regular (late) lunch venue when I'm in town...and we finally surface for the day[/color]

Favorite Thai restaurant: soi 22: about 400K for 2

[color:red]Sounds familiar...can't remember the name...left hand side going away from Suk....just before Queens Park????[/color]

Favorite crazy Italian: Giusto Soi 23: For 2, about 4-5K without wine[color:red]I like Antonio's...on the Green route[/color]

Favorite Vietnamese: Le dalat, for 2 about 5K

[color:red]I rarely do Viet....[/color]

etc....

Why mind what you pay as long as you get the quality and the service.

[color:red]Exactly...In all things...my post was a wind up for "Tiger"...seems to have a bout of PMT from the post.....hehehehe[/color]

Cheers DS

Yes outside family mart

Basilico: Never had problems with the toppings since I complained to the owner (owners? or manager?)

Soi 22: Exactly this one

I rarely do viet too: Just ex gf (or not ex do not know) likes viet sometimes

Cheers

dear drogon

regarding restaurant recommendations you should focus on your core competencies:

Korean and Belgian food! which are the best korean and belgian restaurants in Bangers?

for your thai, japanese and italian recommendations: there are many better ones in town!

Archived