Call off July trip ?????

vinod

Hi

following closely the drama that is unfloding in Bkk about the PAD demos., and the sezier of government house it looks like things are going out hand and heading for trouble in coming days.

I am arriving on 9th July on business trip for 4 days and thinking is it woth while to take risk. :(:(

I just cannot effort to get stuck in Bkk due to prior schedule already commited.

I think people at ground zero would have a better feel of the pulse then following the media. Would like you advice. :):) ... thanks

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vinod

If you can not afford to get stuck in Thailand then do not take the risk.

As the Thais themselves have no idea what could happen -> the belief that "Thais will always resolve the situation without resorting to violence"

is maybe just wishful thinking...

I do not think anything serious would happen

but if you do not want to take the risk then do not take it.

I arrive on the 12th, as long as my plane is allowed to land then I could not care less.

:grin:

Drogon you can say that about virtually any country. In Australia you could run into an airlines strike, in the US you could fail the body cavity search at the airport due to bleeding hemorrhoids.

International travel always involves some risk, but guys like Flash and Mekong live in Bangkok and are well positioned to judge the political atmosphere at street level.

I spent the last coup in a bar in patpong and walked home past the thai immigration building and didn't even notice the tanks.

There were several messages on my skype from friends and family who were worried.

It was a non event.

Never trust the american media -- it's tv for godsake that media can be sold around.

enjoy your trip!!!

Hi EVREYONE!

Archived