New computer time...

Old Hippie

I am thinking of buying a new computer, I saw one in USA, with core2 quad processor, DVD burner, expansion bay, firewire, 1terabyte hard drive and 4gb of ram, expandable to 8. many other features, made by HP, cost $1100usd...sound like a deal?

Is HP a decent brand quality of build wise? any recommendations?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been using a HP lap top for the past two years and quite pleased with it.

I have had Dell and IBM in the past. The Dell was cheaply made and fell apart.

The IBM was great quality but also the highest cost.

I see the HP as an in-between and I would buy another when the time comes.

I would go with a Dell but you can save a bundle by upgrading.

I'm in the process of upgrading an AMD Athlon64 PC with a new motherboard, 2GB of DDR2 800 memory, and a quadcore Phenom processor. Cost for this upgrade should be less than $200.

Link

Link

I am thinking of buying a new computer, I saw one in USA, with core2 quad processor, DVD burner, expansion bay, firewire, 1terabyte hard drive and 4gb of ram, expandable to 8. many other features, made by HP, cost $1100usd...sound like a deal?

Is HP a decent brand quality of build wise? any recommendations?

It sounds like a hell of a deal. HP has a good service center here in Bangkok. I was helping a friend do something on an HP laptop that he had bought in Canada and I spilled a drink into the keyboard (big help) and he lost some keys. We took it to HP and they said that they did not sell that model in Bangkok but would fix it anyway. They had the part flown in and he had it up in a few days. No charge to him. I bought my girlfriend a Compaq as a result of that. I have had a lot of Dells and bought one here in Bangkok but will buy from HP next time.

Archived