Fucking TG!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK' date=' things are looking up a bit. Guess who's my seatmate... http://saralane.net She got bumped from biz too!

Hubba hubba..wish me luck in getting her digits...I hope she doesn't have a boyfriend LOL.

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

How do you know who you are going to be sitting next to? :dunno:

Errr, because we checked in together and asked for seats together because we hit it off in the queue. I posted that from the TG lounge in LAX.

Cheers,

SD -- yes, I've been in contact with her since then, but nothing's gonna happen...

Which airline?

I just paid mine with QANTAS $356.86

Same MEL/BKK return...taxes & Charges on Quaint arse

BUT...TG...in the past 8 months has moved taxes & charges from $286 AUD to almost $500 for the same trip

...Double Farkkkkk TG I say

12 months ago I got MEL/BKK return Economy tix for $870 AUD INCLUDING taxes & charges (low season)

NOW....taxes almost $500.... It makes the FF awards bookings a total joke

I don't have a lot of points..(maybe half a Mill. tops), but at this rate....it's a joke

Cheers DS

Checked with my travel agent on wednesday or thursday last week for a ticket to Taschkent, Biz was 52500 and F 63000. This morning after the Uzbek embassy confirmed the visa application had been approved I called the TA to issue the ticket and send it to my office. Troubles began when she noticed there was no F class on tuesday flight, but than a few minutes later she called back to announce that fares had changed on august 1 :( the ticket was no longer 52500 but 72000!?! that's quite a sharp increase overnight... wonder what are TG rates at the moment to Europe...

I just picked up a Royal Orchid redemption ticket from BKK - Saigon return from the TG office here in Sydney.

Yes... used points for the "airfare", but $180.00 AUD ($170 USD) for fuel surcharge and taxes! :cussing:

Wow! That's insane. I just redeemed points for a *alliance award in C class on ANA/TG and it only cost me $56 for ORD>BKK>ORD.

As I posted somewhere else fairly recently Thai biz class from Dubai to Bkk, which cost me about the equivalent of Baht 44,000 in March is now about Baht 95,000!!! So I'm flying Etihad for about Baht 54,000, which is actually a much better appointed biz class. Thai just lost a customer.

Archived