Coup?

CTO

Anyone (tourist) who is coming for a holiday now should probably expect to be much inconvenienced if they also need to leave soon (meaning in the next 14 days).

Even if they were only planning to stay in Chiang Mai or Phuket â?? those airports are now affected by so many people trying to get out. Travelling is bad enough, but having to change from arrival BKK airport, and one hour later being in your hotel room â?? or arriving at Utaphao and taking a 3 to 4 hour bus ride, then taxi to your hotel is not something to look forward to (or more reason to skip Bangkok and stay only in Pattaya?)

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone (tourist) who is coming for a holiday now should probably expect to be much inconvenienced if they also need to leave soon (meaning in the next 14 days).

Even if they were only planning to stay in Chiang Mai or Phuket â?? those airports are now affected by so many people trying to get out. Travelling is bad enough, but having to change from arrival BKK airport, and one hour later being in your hotel room â?? or arriving at Utaphao and taking a 3 to 4 hour bus ride, then taxi to your hotel is not something to look forward to (or more reason to skip Bangkok and stay only in Pattaya?)

It's not only the inconvenience for travelers. If I would plan a holiday trip with my family I kids I would have cancelled my trip to LOS immediately. No one knows how the situation will be the next day and I never would wan't my kids (if I'd had any kids) being in country where a civil war with a massive blood shed could break out at any moment...

I presume that thousands of people currently earsing LOS as holiday destination and I also presume that many companies think the same. The risk to be stuck in a civil war which affects the tavelers indirectly or even directly is just too high.

Or...cancel and choose another destination ...and many have chosen that option..Viet Nam is the big winner in my office..

Message - what message are you referring too?

I reject them because I find any body that recommends rural people not being allowed to vote - that support military dictatorships or any type of dictatorship, that have a right wing facist agenda as vile.

As I keep saying - IF you don't like Thaksin - support the Democrats -

Saying you support PAD because it is anti Thaksin is akin to supporting Hitler because he was anti communist.

How clear is that?

And DON'T come to me with the "PAD didn't say that" because I have the links.

The rank and file DON'T and NEVER will control any party - so it doesn't matter what the rank and file think - and I know more and meet more than just about anyone on this board. It's what the leaders say that is important.

Faustin - what your saying is akin to "I'll vote for the Republican party because I support them but I think Bush is crazy"

Vote Republican you get Bush.

I don't think you understood my post at all.

don't raise your hopes coz the lame duck PM has justeen reported taking a trip to isan paying respect to a temple :rolleyes: also he made a note that he may not be able to make it to the capital on 5th to take part in HM Rama IX birthday :(

However whether or not to cancel the ASEAN he would like to consider a few more days :banghead:

yup we can be very happy with this useful PM that he decided to stay on & 'work' for the people even now the air force general joined the rank of people asking him to resign - hell even an Indian minister resigned simply based on failed to prevent the Mumbai massacre - so much for Asian democracy in LOS :cover:

OK I rest my case & go back to sleep as does everyone else in LOS including PM, but excluding 'protesters' - heck I even understood some important political guy recommended to encourage the red shirts to get the yellow shirts out of cobra swamp since no one else can/dares???

fuck me!!!

I just booked my trip last week, but to the Philippines, and will skip Thailand this time. Its bad enough to travel 24 hrs plus, and I sure as hell will not put up with uncertainty from any country, while on vacation.

My time is too valuable on vacation to spend it looking for transportation alternatives, and spending my own money for other transportation. I have enough crap to deal with in my own country :-)

Archived