Coup?

CTO

I cannot comment on how vile and contemptuous Thaksin & cronies are without you wanting to beat me up? I do see you picked the correct side with that attitude and I'll stop making comments lest you throw a grenade my way.

ah yes, comments oh so typical of blinded pad-freakazoids (or other deluded types): if you're not for us, you want to murder us...i guess you're walking around with a sharpened iron pole to spear all those "undercover cops" that are following you around?

maybe the time has come to rid not only the airports but also this board of these shrill demagogues?

bloomberg has two fine quotes from other yellow wingnuts of the rank-and-file kind:

â??Rural people have good hearts but they donâ??t know the truth like we do in Bangkok,â? said Noppakoon Lagum, 37, a surgeon helping to occupy the main international airport. â??It is our duty to re-educate them.â?Â

after all, re-education camps worked wonders in the KR's cambodia, bosnia, north korea etc etc...

â??Rural people are blinded by corrupt media and need to listen to ASTV,â? said Thanapol Buranasombati, a protester, referring to Sondhiâ??s station that broadcasts the rallies around the clock. â??When the poor farmers know the truth about what is happening they will side with us.â?Â

the arrogance and disdain shown by these two is, alas, oh so common among the pad-mob...

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say it again ... it deja vu time to 1976. The student demonstrators who took over the Thammasat campus realised they did not have popular support. They also knew a few days in advance that they would be attacked. Still, they chose to remain and be martyred, rather than leave when they could.

PAD is showing the same mentality, and the PDD is starting to sound like the Krating Daeng and Look Sua Chao Barn. One of these days, all hell is likely to break lose.

â??Rural people have good hearts but they donâ??t know the truth like we do in Bangkok,â? said Noppakoon Lagum, 37, a surgeon helping to occupy the main international airport. â??It is our duty to re-educate them.â?Â

after all, re-education camps worked wonders in the KR's cambodia, bosnia, north korea etc etc...

â??Rural people are blinded by corrupt media and need to listen to ASTV,â? said Thanapol Buranasombati, a protester, referring to Sondhiâ??s station that broadcasts the rallies around the clock. â??When the poor farmers know the truth about what is happening they will side with us.â?Â

the arrogance and disdain shown by these two is, alas, oh so common among the pad-mob...

I saw that too. You know, a few weeks back, I made a joke that PAD needs Karl Rove to come up with some wedge issues (with the 3 G's not applicable in LOS) so the rurals would vote for their candidates.

But let's not be a smartass again and stipulate that this first comment was made with sincerity.

"Reeducate" is a poor choice of words, but who knows what they originally said if they spoke in Thai, or if they said that in English, I doubt they would be aware of the connotations that the word has for us.

Let's give the good doctor every benefit of the doubt.

Still, they should have thought of that back in 2006 when Mr. T was bounced. Maybe they would have not needed to bring the country to the brink of civil war.

As for the 2nd comment, it sounds like PAD already has a Fox News Channel. (sorry about that)

Why not? The government took over Channel 11 and made it their own mouthpiece.

Meanwhile, from today's Bangkok Post:

<< Thailand is tipping out of control," warned Thitinan Pongsudhirak, a political scientist at Chulalongkorn University and regular contributor to the Bangkok Post Oped page. "The UDD could go on its own rampage, and then who will stop them? Only Thaksin" Shinawatra, the charismatic ex-premier, now a fugitive from the Thai court. >>

Unfortunately, Mr T is the one urging them on. (Good thing he's banned from politics. :rolleyes: )

Funny how a guy who doesn't even live here keeps on about "elites." :dunno: Just exactly *what* are Wacky & his minions? Poor farmers? 5555555555

And even odder that a guy with family in the South loves Wacky, who has shit on those folks at any opportunity since they are firmly Democrats.

It would be different if you had a clue about what's going on...

Again - I am complaining here that you belittle someone because "They aren't here - therefor know nothing"

I followed that up with the example that you and I both live here and have tangential views.

Living here DOESN'T give someone vision over the problems or solutions or we'd both agree on more than the 5 things we agree on.

Yet you reply with

Of course this is a one way street innit? I cannot comment on how vile and contemptuous Thaksin & cronies are without you wanting to beat me up? I do see you picked the correct side with that attitude and I'll stop making comments lest you throw a grenade my way. ThaiHome was right when he said the same thing a few days ago...

Borish to be honest - rather than try and get personal - why not argue the points.

It matter not one bit to me if a PAD supporter lives here or Iceland - I'm not going to hold it in their face where they live means they know nothing.

Nor am I going to start throwing around Hi SO names - I don't need to to argue my point.

Argue smart - not personal

Archived