Coup?

CTO

mentors, as an aside, as time passes there is less and less chance of the PAD movement becoming a political force and being in a position to have laws changed.

SD and myself are 2 people who want to conduct business here, you'd think we would worry about the PADs xenophobic stance on business ownership/practice (as it would effect us directly) and therefore be very anti-PAD, but this isn't about selfish interests, it's about seeing the bigger picture!

The PAD is a movement for change. Sure the leaders might have lofty ambitions, but that isn't the common persons agenda. Most folks just want to see their country stable and not dominated by corrupt self-serving politicians. A dream I think...

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mentors agree with you totally.

SD - why don't they do anything - because from past experience they know the marytr attitude of PAD it will lead to blood.

It's a good thing they have shown amazing restraint isn't it?

Or it would be good if they hadn't?

I don't like these lines "if you lived here you'd understand"

I live and work with people at the highest level as you know on both sides of this fence. And my opinion is tangential to yours.

Living here is not a prerogative to a wise decision.

Does not living in Sudan or Rwanda mean we should ignore what is happening and happened there?

CTO, why is it that you're so anti-PAD?

I think we all agree the leaders and tactics are wrong, but the message of the PAD is essentially correct. It is possible to separate the 2 things.

I know you've said you'd prefer the democrats to take some initiative, but they aren't, so we have to address what we've got.

I'm curious as to your thoughts on what you'd like to see happen here. I know you have a vast wealth of insight, experience and knowledge in Thailand.

Message - what message are you referring too?

I reject them because I find any body that recommends rural people not being allowed to vote - that support military dictatorships or any type of dictatorship, that have a right wing facist agenda as vile.

As I keep saying - IF you don't like Thaksin - support the Democrats -

Saying you support PAD because it is anti Thaksin is akin to supporting Hitler because he was anti communist.

How clear is that?

And DON'T come to me with the "PAD didn't say that" because I have the links.

The rank and file DON'T and NEVER will control any party - so it doesn't matter what the rank and file think - and I know more and meet more than just about anyone on this board. It's what the leaders say that is important.

Faustin - what your saying is akin to "I'll vote for the Republican party because I support them but I think Bush is crazy"

Vote Republican you get Bush.

I know very little about the political history of LOS but what I have been able to do is make a comparison to a neighboring country which I do know something about.

On that the similarities between PAD and less say the "KDBA" are very strong. Both have an agenda for the few and no the majority.

So as I understand it PAD are a civil movement... :dunno:

51 protesters wounded in Bangkok explosions

BANGKOK, Thailand â?? At least 51 anti-government protesters were wounded in several explosions early Sunday, raising fears of widening confrontations in a standoff that has strangled Thailand's economy and shut down its airports.

The first blast went off inside Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat's office compound, which protesters seized in August and have held ever since. At least 49 people were hurt, including nine who were hospitalized, said Surachet Sathitniramai at the Narenthorn Medical Center. He said four were in serious condition.

Suriyasai Katasiya, a spokesman for the protest group, said a grenade landed on the roof of a tent under which protesters were resting. It rolled down and fell to the ground before exploding, he said.

. . .

Link

my my....

CTO: I disagree with you about Rwanda -> the world did nothing (except send a few military to save their own citizens and France to protect their former friends).

Same with Sudan, nobody wants to go there.

Worldfun: Very interesting point, it could well be in the PAD's plans.

Seems some Thais have money to spend to kill/injure other Thais and keep the situation tense...(you can't buy M79 and explosives at villa, normally)

Sunday bloody sunday?

Weapons are easy to come buy. I am not picking a side here, but I would treat anything that happens, and any accusations with a kilo of salt or more. As I have said, it is not uncommon in these matters, for one side to inflict damage on themselves in order to cast blame on the other side, always happens.

I tend to agree, that December 2 may be a crucial date.

Archived