Detroit Mayor Kilpatrick To Resign in Plea Agreement

rogueyam

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This came from Wikpedia, so, perhaps not entirely accurate: Elected at the age of 31, he was the youngest mayor in the history of Detroit. Kilpatrick grew up in Detroit and attended Pelham Middle School and Cass Technical High School. Kilpatrick attended Florida A&M University where he was captain of the football team and a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc..[8][9] He once held a Juris Doctor from the Detroit College of Law, currently named the Michigan State University College of Law, but has never practiced law.[10]

Kilpatrick taught in Detroit's Marcus Garvey Academy and started the school's first basketball team and Boy Scouts troop.[11]

His mother, Congresswoman Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, represents Michigan's 13th District in the United States House of Representatives, and serves as the Chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus in the 110th United States Congress. Kilpatrick's father, Bernard Kilpatrick, served as Chief of Staff to former - Wayne County Executive Edward H. McNamara.[12]

But, if close to accurate, so sad that all of this positive potential has been lost.

Not many people seemingly have this capacity to do good.

Having spent 6 months in Detroit, once one of the most prosperous and influential cities in America, where empty buildings and pot holes bigger than cars now reside.... very sad, indeed.

Here is another waste of talent - elected as mayor of Jersey City at the age of 31. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_McCann

One of the guys in my wedding party (my first wedding) was his campaign manager the 2nd time around. The guy in my wedding party scored over 700 in the Math and Verbal College Boards in the US (about 99th percentile in IQ). Still, while my close friend was outstanding on his own, Gerald McCain was the one with potential for greatness. My close friend, unfortunately also never used his considerable talent in a positive fashion - wine, women, songs and cocaine...

Have to admit, I don't understand it. Two men, mayors at age 31, respect, achievement, wealth at their feet - and both end up in jail....

What a waste....

I was thinking the same thing Frash.

TM: That seems pretty spot on (save the JD miswording). He came from a long established political family who were/are thought to be pretty much clean and straight up. I remember he came into Detroit with some fanfare, taking over for the very well respected reformer Dennis Archer, who had the city clean and back to growing a little again. But Kwame fucked it all up. Very sad indeed.

Can't be sure, but maybe he's suffering from a spot of "Bush Syndrome:" got taken care of all his life by well-connected parents that he has no clue how to function when out from under their wing?

Cheers,

SD

I've mentioned this guy a couple times before (only got an 'interesting' from Rogueyam when I posted about him before which is his way of saying he's good but I can't say it). Next to Jersey City they have Cory Booker http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cory_Booker

This guy has less experience than all the candidates but I'd vote for him in a millisecond if he were to run for office.

The guy is one of the best mayors of one of the hardest cities to govern in America.

There doesn't come a more honest mayor with integrity.

The guy is one of the best mayors of one of the hardest cities to govern in America.

There doesn't come a more honest mayor with integrity.

So what's the relevance here?

Pretend for a minute you have a brain, know how to use it, and can logic and reason, I know it is hard for you. Now, use that to figure it out.

Archived