The death of the superpower?

Faustian

Interesting article, which of course some will disagree with, but they'll disagree with it as they don't understand. Much of what I'd predicted years back is now coming to fruition and Americas ridiculously stupid and inept leader has been playing war games, whilst the great nation around him fell into ruin. I think I can hear a violin.......

"US superpower status is shaken"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7645743.stm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RY, not nasty, that's simply your warped reasoning yet again. Many of us want to see a strong America, leading the world, based upon a good foreign policy and intelligent leadership, spreading genuine democracy and leading by example. None of this has happened lately. That's why is it in the shit. The current financial nightmare is yet further proof of the lunatics running the asylum.

RY, not nasty, that's simply your warped reasoning yet again. Many of us want to see a strong America, leading the world, based upon a good foreign policy and intelligent leadership, spreading genuine democracy and leading by example. None of this has happened lately. That's why is it in the shit. The current financial nightmare is yet further proof of the lunatics running the asylum.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I just read some place "...the American dream is dead, you killed it, the system is broken, and has failed you. It has failed you, and died because of all you believe in, and who you believe in..."

rogie must admit, the American Dream was to own a house; he hasn't acquired that basic dream yet. Under the reign of GWB, the American Dream has changed for many to that of hoping to god you have a tube of KY in your back pocket.

Archived