True Wi-Fi

buffalo_bill

Maybe this is an old story but I made note from a Stickman remark saying you go to the Paragon groundfloor reception desk and receive an owner's manual with pin code which gives access to true wi-fi .

Point is that my river lodge charges more than a ridiculous 700 bath a day for internet use . Before I spend time for the trip to the Paragaon : does this True-thing work all over Khrungtep ??

BuBi

There are actualy many places in BKK where True Wi-Fi is available for free to subscribers of True internet, Paragon being one of them.

I hate shopping but am often dragged out to the malls by the wife (the things we do for a BJ) and I usally find a seat where I can buy beer and get online whilst she shops.

Roll on 3G next Jan (I wish)

This doesn't answer your question but you might want to consider another alternative. DTAC and AIS offer GPRS internet connections (i.e. internet access via your mobile phone) at around 250 baht for a week or around 1,000 baht for a month. This is internet access via your mobile phone.

Perhaps Mekhong or Suadum might like to comment as they both seem to have had success with this type of connection?

This doesn't answer your question but you might want to consider another alternative. DTAC and AIS offer GPRS internet connections (i.e. internet access via your mobile phone) at around 250 baht for a week or around 1,000 baht for a month. This is internet access via your mobile phone.

Perhaps Mekhong or Suadum might like to comment as they both seem to have had success with this type of connection?

Those connections work fine for me. I used a Nokia Symbian OS phone and the Nokia One Touch Access software to connect. http://europe.nokia.com/pcsuite

I am gonna set up Ms Vampy on this Hutch thing next week. Looks good, and should end up being cheaper than the mo-by phone option.

Cheers,

SD

Thank you gentlemen for your input . I am partially enlightened .

Point is that my beloved mobile telephone still works with petroleum and does not know about internet at all I think . this is a guessing because all my electronic tecnical devices date back to the 80' ies , sorry .

Except my laptop which I need to run in particular my exploding ebay business and therefore need a proper screen . If it does not cost anything or is very cheap I will try the True . Question is what it does on the 15th floor in a room pointing to the river . Maybe I establish myself on the rooftop like the CNN guys in Baghdad lol .

Archived