Tuk Tuk drivers = Criminals

clubsiam

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second trait, more important than "unenlightenment" but also necessary for the scam to work, is the victim's greed. And that's why I couldn't care less about them.

If they were committing a criminal act by being greedy, I would share that opinion.

It takes two to tango. If those "trusting souls" did not see $$ signs flashing before their eyes, then nothing would happen. I'd bet that those "trusting souls" would be the same types that would keep the extra change mistakenly given by some poor shop clerk, thinking they're putting one over on the man (where reality is that the clerk eats it).

The second trait, more important than "unenlightenment" but also necessary for the scam to work, is the victim's greed. And that's why I couldn't care less about them.

Regards,

SD

A person being tricked out of getting a look at the Grand Palace and instead have to endure high-pressure methods to sell overpriced silk, jewels and other questianable items is a greedy SOB that deserved this? In your limited mindset, a scam victim is always the equivalent of a greedy idiot responding to a Nigerian scam letter. But you are wrong. As always...

Paillote

Wat Po,Grand Palace, Sanam Luang seems to be scammer central these days,the place is crawling with them......was appraoached by a couple in the grounds of Wat Po last year,both spoke good english...they pretended to be friendly asked where you from etc.then came out with a story that a relative of theirs was going to the UK to study to be a nurse ( showed a photo-decent looking ),but had nowhere to stay and did not know anybody........just happened that she would be in my area ( what a surprise )......they asked if I would like to come back with them to their house and meet this girl.At first I said OK and we proceeded to walk out of the Wat....however I knew something wasnt right-must be a scam so told them I had changed my mind and had to meet a friend instead......still cant figure out what their angle was.....what they thought they could gain.....

Archived