Goodbye

Dumsoda

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we can't let the Poms have more on the board than us good guys.

If anything, TB, I suspect that the arrival of new members is often greeted with a roll of the eyes accompanied by 'not another ^$#! Aussie !' from many of the older hands. In the past two years, I believe that the ratio would look roughly like this:

Australian 60% plus

Rest of the World 39%

Dullnight 1%

:neener:

(and this after preaching to SD about 'bait' ...)

In fact, I ask myself why I do this, and am contemplating retirement from here as well...

Cheers,

SD

It's people like you who give this board a bad taste by jumping on anything you can shoot at.

You read a post, don't try to figure out what being said, misinterpret most of it, draw wrong conclusions, shoot from the hip, bait people, then you are the first to fall for bait as a reply, then you need to tell us that you are the most knowledgeable poster on this board and how idiot the other party is.

Then KS wonders why only a handful posts new topics. I lost all desire to begin a topic due to expected crappy replies from you and your friends.

I often wonder how intentionally it is to stir shit for the fun of it.

There is a huge difference between a fair discussion and baiting/insulting.

So please, stop replying to my posts, I will ignore yours.

It is unfortunate because some of your posts are decent enough, same goes for your supporting team members.

Hi,

Tartempion brings up an interesting point (although it could have done without making it personal!).

There are a lot of people on this board from very different backgrounds, and some of these backgrounds can be directly opposed to others. While this brings some great benefits to the board in the form of different points of view, it also tends to cause friction as too many people tend to jump to conclusions, are too set in their way of thinking, etc. I am certain I have been guilty of this myself as well.

So, how do we keep the benefits while keeping the downsides to a minimum? Only way I can really think of is to refrain from taking and making things personal. If you read something and get pissed off by it, don't reply immediately (and certainly not when drunk :) ), but read some other posts first. In other words, think before you act.

And if a poster really constantly gets your panties in a bunch, PUT HIM ON IGNORE! That's what the feature is there for.

Just to re-iterate, this is NOT targeted at any one person or 'clique', but to everyone as I think most of us have been guilty of shooting from the hip at one time or another.

Sanuk!

Wise words KS

Calm, rational logic....and of course, you're right...

Ok, so I'm a "hair trigger hot head" sometimes, guess it's hard to teach an old Monger new tricks...

The responses above, in particular, yours, samak's and torrenova's (straight to the point, no BS), together with the phone calls, sms's and emails I've received over the past 15 hours or so have made me re think my actions.(..and I wasn't even having a drink last nyt...)

Have just finished a 30 minute "session" on the phone with my "Reality" Therapist...Dr. bust.

Guess I'd be a totally Dum Cnut to walk away from the predominantly great group of people that make up the Thai360 Board. Too many real and genuine friendships here to cut ties...

So, I'll pull my head in and not make knee jerk responses in future. Don't think the "ignore" function is the way to go...better just to put a Zip on my mouth (fingers!!!..lol)

If anyone sees me taking the bait in future, please just post a simple..

...DS...STFU

OK???

Cheers DS

Glad to see you are back. Next time I see you, the first shot is on me.

Hi,

Tartempion brings up an interesting point (although it could have done without making it personal!).

There are a lot of people on this board from very different backgrounds, and some of these backgrounds can be directly opposed to others. While this brings some great benefits to the board in the form of different points of view, it also tends to cause friction as too many people tend to jump to conclusions, are too set in their way of thinking, etc. I am certain I have been guilty of this myself as well.

So, how do we keep the benefits while keeping the downsides to a minimum? Only way I can really think of is to refrain from taking and making things personal. If you read something and get pissed off by it, don't reply immediately (and certainly not when drunk :) ), but read some other posts first. In other words, think before you act.

And if a poster really constantly gets your panties in a bunch, PUT HIM ON IGNORE! That's what the feature is there for.

Just to re-iterate, this is NOT targeted at any one person or 'clique', but to everyone as I think most of us have been guilty of shooting from the hip at one time or another.

Sanuk!

Errmm... you noticed my new avatar did you KS?

Archived