Goodbye

Dumsoda

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many will disagree with me, cuz I'm SD, for sure

Don't necessarily disagree SD, but you can be pretty pugnacious on the board, and that wasn't my experience of you in BKK. You seem like someone who is prepared to treat others the way that you are treated, and that may be at the heart of the problem. LL is happy to bait and be baited, but it takes (at least) two to play that game. We've all done it - taken the bait and played the game - but it usually doesn't amount to much in end result, at least IMO.

Gobble

GD, I appreciate that. But I paid my dues, and nothing I say is bullshit (I offer hard earned results/lessons freely), whether folks like the answer or not. So that needs to count for something. Or not. Whatever.

Cheers,

SD -- up late to deal with biz cuz that's the way it is

Hi,

"how many times does it take to not just ban the fucker whenever he pops up?"

You are of course assuming I will know immediately that a new poster is a returned one who was banned. Sometimes I can pick it up really quickly (and those tend to be dealt with quickly as well), but at other times it may be weeks before I even suspect.

On top of that banned users don't tend to come on to the board and start flaming immediately. More often than not they start to slowly piss people off.

Banning these wankers isn't the best solution, ignoring them is.

The reason they come back is because they know they'll be able to get a rise out of several people here. Not taking the bait and ignoring their stupid rants takes away all the 'fun' for them and I bet they'd be more inclined to leave.

Sanuk!

Wise words KS

Calm, rational logic....and of course, you're right...

Ok, so I'm a "hair trigger hot head" sometimes, guess it's hard to teach an old Monger new tricks...

The responses above, in particular, yours, samak's and torrenova's (straight to the point, no BS), together with the phone calls, sms's and emails I've received over the past 15 hours or so have made me re think my actions.(..and I wasn't even having a drink last nyt...)

Have just finished a 30 minute "session" on the phone with my "Reality" Therapist...Dr. bust.

Guess I'd be a totally Dum Cnut to walk away from the predominantly great group of people that make up the Thai360 Board. Too many real and genuine friendships here to cut ties...

So, I'll pull my head in and not make knee jerk responses in future. Don't think the "ignore" function is the way to go...better just to put a Zip on my mouth (fingers!!!..lol)

If anyone sees me taking the bait in future, please just post a simple..

...DS...STFU

OK???

Cheers DS

Archived