Panthip Plaza

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

it was during the early hours of Saturday afternoon when I entered the above mentioned establishment and fell down unconscious . Which is the final proof that people can die from noise . There were about 20 Thai citizens per squaremeter , maximum age estimated 14 . When I woke up I was approached by a sales person with baseball cap and tattoed arms asking :" sexy movie ? " I said to him that I wanted to buy fake cd's and fortunately he knew somebody selling those and we followed him round the corner .

They wanted 100 Baht for one , you buy 10 and get 2 for free . We bought 15 cd's plus 4 with karaoke for Nok and another 5 so-called MP4 . The latter only to be heard by special arrangement on an appropriate device . I have to ask about this . The miracle with MP4 is that for example 260 Rolling Stones songs are on one CD . Phantastic . I doubt that the Stones did ever do 260 songs but the man said he galantee evvything . I have to talk to him because 2 Robbie Williams are wrong , Nok's karaoke units say nothing and the next booth sells them for 70 Baht anyway .

After all I do recommend Panthip Plaza as a source for anything that makes noise once exposed to an electronic machine , though during weekdays it might be less of a health risk .

BuBi

I honestly cannot understand the fascination with Panthip nowadays, 95% of what you are looking for is avaialable in Fortune Tower at a comparable price.

I find the store owners in Forune to be more knowledgable, the sales pitch less pushy and the overall experience of looking / shopping there more pleasurable furthermore if driving or using public transport Fortune Tower is more easily accessable to me.

I realise its horses for courses but if I am looking for "off the shelf" consumer products I will go to FT more often than Panthip, or maybe I am becoming a pipe and slippers old fool who likes things easy!

The last 2 times I visited Panthip police stayed and had just arrested all the sellers. There's one place in Sri Racha and one in Pattaya (tukcom) where you can find everything too.

Ohhhh, sometimes the tee rak's cousin (BiB) works the Pan Tip circuit...then we see all the "goodies" :grin:

On last trip:

Girlfriend bought a laptop at fortune town (Ratchada) and it works perfectly for an unbeatable price.

I bought one graphic card, some RAM and some memory sticks and some portable hard drives.

Everything in perfect state, same prices (and even lower for some products) as panthip and I confirm that the sellers are far more friendly and knowledgeable (although for hitech stuff I trust only myself).

Also, this was a first for me in Thailand when an article was exchanged without problems (was one of the memory sticks)

Although I bought some stuff at panthip -> some hard to find JAV :grin:

There are many IT centers around in bangkok. One used to be next to The Mall Bangkapi (I think it is still there) tons of stuff much more than Panthip and Fortune combined. And there are many more places all around Bangkok. No need to go all the way to Panthip.

Due to living close by I go to Fortune Town myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived