High Tourist Season for Thailand - how bad will it get?

Tiger Moth

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its OVER for me ,, i have now given up for this december..

but it will be at least a week after the protesters end the airport block!!

and thats not in site..

hundreads are stranded tired ,, fed up.. no money and insurance will not cover coups!

nice having to go to a milatary airport.. tired not knowing whats going on ,, !!

All,

It is hard to discuss this stuff when you can't get fully into it due to certain restrictions here. I hear from my family, Thai friends, and neighbors their take on PAD, TRT/PPP and also the Yellow shirted ones, red shirts, cops, military, etc. and why all this is going on and who is supporting what factions and all that. Of course this is being discussed daily, hourly even, by the Thais I live amongst.

All I do know is this is going to seriously damage the country of Thailand. Next year I see a huge downturn in 'normal' tourism due to this crap political manuveuring from all sides involved. I must say with the incomes being lost due to this right now, and over the past months, I am very surprised it has not turned into a fullscale bloodbath yet. I know why, or think I know why, but this is not the place to discuss this really.

I just pray (as much as an agnostic can) that Thailand can solve these differences and political clashes without any more bloodshed. I'm not very confident though. It seems to be becoming worse and likely will turn even more violent.

I am not a fan of either PAD or PPP/TRT/Taksin. They all have big problems. As CTO has said, I really do wish the Democrats would grow some balls and take a stand and show the way out through an alternative party platform for the Thais, and put up a man or woman for all to vote for that will show them the middle way out of their dilemma. So far no one (sensible) has stepped up to lead the country out of this mess. They seem to be afraid to pick the wrong side, when actually they should be showing another way and NOT choosing sides anyways. No guts, no glory as they say. I can't believe the Dems haven't figured out a way to exploit this fracture of society here and come up with a solid leader and plan to show some sensible leadership.

Archived