Thousands in Los Angeles protest gay-marriage ban

Flashermac

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And that's a good comparison because.........

OK' date=' how about a brother and a sister? Two first cousins? A father and a daughter? A mother and a son? A man and two women? A woman and two men? Are all of these bad comparisons? Why?

[/quote']

Answer: People of old in the Bible did it all the time, in some cases they were expected to. :neener:

Get the cracker states out of it, and let a group of grownups make policy.

Arrogance and elitism are not foundational American principles. There are no cracker states and judges are not necessarily more "grown up" than voters in general. If you want to be ruled, go to Europe or elsewhere. America is the land of the free. We rule ourselves here.

Just like a state can't disallow blacks and whites to marry, states shouldn't be allowed to decide on gay marriage either.

States don't decide anything. People decide things. The question is always which people.

Get the cracker states out of it' date=' and let a group of grownups make policy.[/quote']

Arrogance and elitism are not foundational American principles. There are no cracker states and judges are not necessarily more "grown up" than voters in general. If you want to be ruled, go to Europe or elsewhere. America is the land of the free. We rule ourselves here.

Just like a state can't disallow blacks and whites to marry, states shouldn't be allowed to decide on gay marriage either.

States don't decide anything. People decide things. The question is always which people.

If I was free, I should be able to have several wives.

As for who decides what is what, many times it is pushed upon us by some zealots believing their form of belief is right. In our case, a man and a woman can only have one mate came about by Christians who hated Mormons and were afraid when Joseph Smith ran for President, he might push his 'heathen' religion on others. That probably is one of the reasons why Smith was killed (assassinated).

Guest lazyphil

its a threshold of whats socially acceptable. gays feel they have a valid voice and have moved mountains to promote their cause, are gay rights people disgusted by animal, or sister fancier niche groups hiding in the closet desperate to be aknowledged by main stream as acceptable?.....will gay rights people stand shoulder to shoulder with other minority sexual niche groups?

And that's a good comparison because.........

OK' date=' how about a brother and a sister? Two first cousins? A father and a daughter? A mother and a son? A man and two women? A woman and two men? Are all of these bad comparisons? Why?

[/quote']

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Christians make me laugh, on one hand they quote from the book of Genesis that mankind are all descendents of Adam and Eve, if that was so then obviously third generation humans were the result in incesuous relationships and fourth generation first cousins apart at the most. Now they state that this is immoral.

This contradicts your argument RY.

can a man marry a goat (male or female)?....if not why not.

So, your are comparing humans to farm animals? Niiiice. We see where you seem to stand, but let's look at it further.

By all accounts, you have a fine marriage with a lovely Thai bride. But in 1964 in America, your union would have been illegal in a lot of places. How does that make you feel? Or are you one of the "I got mine, so fuck the rest" guys? If so, OK, but justify your stand.

Cheers,

SD

Archived