Thousands in Los Angeles protest gay-marriage ban

Flashermac

Essentially, they want society's approval.
Not even close.

They want access to spousal (i.e., UNDENIABLE) health insurance coverage. They want that coverage at premiums the same as straight couples. Such premiums are utterly unrealistic when you consider their astronomically high (by comparison with straights) AIDS risk and the cost of AIDS maintenance and treatment of related issues.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Essentially' date=' they want society's approval.[/quote']Not even close.

They want access to spousal (i.e., UNDENIABLE) health insurance coverage. They want that coverage at premiums the same as straight couples. Such premiums are utterly unrealistic when you consider their astronomically high (by comparison with straights) AIDS risk and the cost of AIDS maintenance and treatment of related issues.

Oh really? I've never heard that lesbians have "an astronomically high AIDS risk". I would think that homophobic Western males fucking hookers in Thailand would have a much higher AIDS risk, for instance. Just to pull an example off the top of my head.

Jews have a higher than average incident of Tay Sachs disease. Blacks with Sickle Cell, different ethnic groups have certain health issues that occur in higher numbers than the general population.

I'm not sure if insurance companies adjust rates accordingly but I would tend to think it would probably not be legal.

One has to take a medical for insurance anyway to see if there are any pre-existing conditions. If a gay couple are getting married, then one would have to assume they are going to be monogamous and therefore the probability of acquiring HIV a lot lower than single gays.

Very lame Phil. Have you heard of empathy...put yourself in their shoes. It was NOT possible just 40 years ago in some places in the US for you to marry your wife. How would that make you feel? Was that right? This situation is no different, nor are the arguments.

Cheers,

SD

Fact is, gays are here, and Nothing will make them go away...most are decent people, who serve their country, pay their taxes, and are productive members of society, who should have the same civil rights as anyone/everyone else. Mess with one group, then the next and the next, and then no one is there to help you when you need it. Anyone who has ever been persecuted for their love of Asian women, or Blacks or whatever, should be on the fight for this one.

For me its your black and white, cut and dry consititional right.

I don't like seeing two men kissing. I don't like to see it, in person or on tv. It turns my stomach. I have a few gay friends and outside of their birthday parties, I don't visit that 'world'.

My residual homophobia, however, should not be a reason deny someone their constitutional rights.

Nor should it be a reason for the general society.

Here is something that is interesting. What about incestous marriages? Illegal of course but in a discussion with someone about this whole gay marriage issue, incest was brought up.

Is it illegal (marriage) because its a medical/health issue (high incidents of genetic problems in children from incestous relationships?) Moral issue? Relgious issue? I'm not for it obviously but the argument made to me was if you think gay marriage is a constitutional rights issue and should be legal then why wouldn't incestous marriages as well?

Guest lazyphil

f*cking your sister is as grim as sticking your dingaling up another blokes arse. whats good for the goose is good for the gander i suppose. would make those hillbillys in west virginia happy!

how does the law prevail in tristan da cuna?....tiny population there.

Archived