Where's The Outrage?

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they've little choice but to spend their way out of the crisis.

That simply can't and won't work. Never has' date=' never will.[/quote']

I don't think it's a good idea, I just think there's little room for much else. The usual interest rate cuts aren't available etc.

What would be your solution? I'm especially curious as it's your lot who were advocating this approach. Bush has been running up the deficit like crazy.

Ever heard of The Great Depression and WWII?

I have. And if your proposal is that we should bomb our economic competitors' industrial capacity to rubble while ours is preserved and then grow rich selling them cars and household goods that they are unable to build for themselves then I am all for it!

I don't think it's a good idea, I just think there's little room for much else. The usual interest rate cuts aren't available etc.

What would be your solution? I'm especially curious as it's your lot who were advocating this approach. Bush has been running up the deficit like crazy.

My solution, as always, is private enterprise and hard work. Slash federal income tax rates. Reduce or eliminate corporate taxes and taxes on returns on investment. Cut federal government spending drastically (including farm subsidies, federal transportation funds, federal education spending, all earmarks, etc.). Ditch the CAFE standards on cars. Streamline or eliminate regulatory restrictions on new oil refineries and new energy exploration. License new nuclear power plants. Eliminate all "alternative fuels" subsidies (e.g. the ethanol boondoggle). Eliminate import tariffs on sugar and all other industry-specific protectionism. Absolutely eliminate all taxes, subsidies, and mandates intended to reduce "greenhouse gas" emissions.

Then stand clear and let the Amerian people get back to the important business of showing the rest of the world to be the simpering, limp-dicked commies that they are.

My solution, as always, is private enterprise and hard work. Slash federal income tax rates. Reduce or eliminate corporate taxes and taxes on returns on investment. Cut federal government spending drastically (including farm subsidies, federal transportation funds, federal education spending, all earmarks, etc.). Ditch the CAFE standards on cars. Streamline or eliminate regulatory restrictions on new oil refineries and new energy exploration. License new nuclear power plants. Eliminate all "alternative fuels" subsidies (e.g. the ethanol boondoggle). Eliminate import tariffs on sugar and all other industry-specific protectionism. Absolutely eliminate all taxes, subsidies, and mandates intended to reduce "greenhouse gas" emissions.

Then stand clear and let the Amerian people get back to the important business of showing the rest of the world to be the simpering, limp-dicked commies that they are.

:rotl::rotl::rotl:

And how is the Kool Aid today?

I think you have now lost what little credibility that you might have had. You seriously should have your meds checked, they are obviously not working.

Either that or you are a very clever troll and you are posting shite like this just to get attention.

By the way, is this you with the glasses on :surprised:

geeks-760939.jpg

Archived