Anger in San Francisco over subway police shooting

Bangkoktraveler

O.k. Cops are people...fair enough I suppose...EXCEPT' date=' they, and the courts seem to think they are some sort of "Super people with super integrity." Given that, and given that they all seem to think they are all so high and mighty and NEVER make mistakes , then I say hold them ALL to that exact standard. Don't let them have it both ways. Either they are infallible men of integrity, or they are as common as the rest of us and can fuck up. Don't let these ass clowns play it both ways. [/quote']

If a civilian shot another civilian under the same circumstance, the civilian would have been arrested.

Why hasn't the police officer been arrested?

Exactly my point! These ass hats with badges get to claim super integrity and super judgement, so they should be fucked worse when they are proven to fuck up.

My understanding is, he was tested for drugs and alcohol. But I would expect the truth from these people. As I said, if this hadn't been so widely witnessed and taped, it would have been swept under the rug already.

This is my thinking also. If there was not video witnesses, this murder probably would probably be cleaned up as a gangland execution. The cop's gun would get checked and found not to be the gun that killed the victim because it would now have a new firing pin and barrel.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently the officer resigned after the shooting which gives him the same rights as a civilian.

That means that they have to talk to his lawyer now.

Which is exactly what they are doing. So I'll ask again: Why are so many people here so adamant that the authorities are mishandling this case? It has been eleven days. If the D.A. decides three weeks from now to arrest and charge the officer what is the harm done as compared to making that arrest today?

Apparently the officer resigned after the shooting which gives him the same rights as a civilian.

That means that they have to talk to his lawyer now.

He has the same rights as a civilian but because he was a cop, he hasn't been arrested.

Locally here in Arizona 2 cops got caught drunk on duty. One was in a vehicle which if he was a civilian, means an automtatic DUI/DWI. But because he was a cop, he took about 2 months to bring charges against him.

You use police vocabulary, which is why I asked.

[LOL]

Not too long a go, I was sitting at the counter eating breakfast while having a conversation with a Sheriff deputy. The deputy related a story to me. He was pumping gas into his car when another person got in the passenger side of the car and another person came up and demanded his keys. He told me he pulled aside his jacket exposing his gun. The criminals saw his gun and took off on a run. I asked him did he pursue them. No! He did report it to his supervisor and told him "I didn't break leather". He was more concerned in breaking the law instead of upholding the law. That is when I choked on my coffee, maybe from laughter.

I think we're losing track of what occurred here. Is it being claimed that every officer who kills someone while carrying out his duties should be placed under arrest until it is determined that the killing was justified?

There has to be an inquiry when this occurs and it's often SOP that the officer is suspended from duty, but he cannot be charged until it is determined that an offence has been committed.

When a civilian is involved in a killing he is often arrested because that's the way the law works. If it appears to be a justifiable homicide due to self defence, or a genuine accident then he is rarely charged until after the coroner's findings.

I think you guys are letting your dislike of rogueyam get in your way of commonsense here.

I think we're losing track of what occurred here. Is it being claimed that every officer who kills someone while carrying out his duties should be placed under arrest until it is determined that the killing was justified?

There has to be an inquiry when this occurs and it's often SOP that the officer is suspended from duty, but he cannot be charged until it is determined that an offence has been committed.

When a civilian is involved in a killing he is often arrested because that's the way the law works. If it appears to be a justifiable homicide due to self defence, or a genuine accident then he is rarely charged until after the coroner's findings.

I think you guys are letting your dislike of rogueyam get in your way of commonsense here.

This has nothing to do with rogie. This has to do why there was a riot. Police generally get special treatment but the police should get the same treatment we get. Replace the cop with a civilain in the videos. The civilian goes to jail whereas the cop doesn't. Now, if the cop was immediately arrested, there probably would not have been a riot.

The issue was about everybody being treated equally, a human rights issue.

Archived