Anger in San Francisco over subway police shooting

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has to do why there was a riot.

There was no reason for there to be a riot.

The rioters were hotheads and criminals.

rogie you are so far out of touch with reality it makes me only laugh.

When something happens like the shooting and if it isn't handled properly, we can expect civil unrest. It is that simple. It doesn't mean that rioting is justified but it is a way that many people vent their angers. It is called human nature, something that can be predicted.

I think we're losing track of what occurred here. Is it being claimed that every officer who kills someone while carrying out his duties should be placed under arrest until it is determined that the killing was justified?

There has to be an inquiry when this occurs and it's often SOP that the officer is suspended from duty' date=' but he cannot be charged until it is determined that an offence has been committed.

When a civilian is involved in a killing he is often arrested because that's the way the law works. If it appears to be a justifiable homicide due to self defence, or a genuine accident then he is rarely charged until after the coroner's findings.

I think you guys are letting your dislike of rogueyam get in your way of commonsense here. [/quote']

This has nothing to do with rogie. This has to do why there was a riot. Police generally get special treatment but the police should get the same treatment we get. Replace the cop with a civilain in the videos. The civilian goes to jail whereas the cop doesn't. Now, if the cop was immediately arrested, there probably would not have been a riot.

The issue was about everybody being treated equally, a human rights issue.

So what do you want to happen when a law enforcement officer shoots someone? Immediate arrest regardless of the circumstances or an "on the spot" trial by his peers to determine if he's guilty of an offence?

I think that SOP throughout most Western countries would involve the officer being suspended from duty pending charges being laid... if an inquiry says they are justified.

I've never heard any US police officer claim they get an easy ride from their Internal Affairs people. Rodney King changed all that.

The riot would have happened regardless.

Internal Affairs, for the most part, is a joke. It is cops regulating cops. Now if Internal Affairs was maintained by civilians, that would be another story.

As for this incident, the cop shot a civilian under very questionable circumstances. If I had shot another person under the same cirumstances as a civilian, I would expect tobe arrested. The cop should not be treated any differently.

Now if the cop had killed a person protecting himself and the cop felt he was going to get killed, that would be different. But in this case, that didn't happen.

The cops shouldn't be above the law.

Cops get away with shit all the time, and that is just when they get caught and still skate. Tons of shit they can pull and not get caught.

These people are held to a higher esteem, and are trusted to protect us, and serve us. When they fuck up, they should pay more severely.

No word on whether or not the officer in this case has even been questioned yet.

Cops get away with shit all the time, and that is just when they get caught and still skate. Tons of shit they can pull and not get caught.

These people are held to a higher esteem, and are trusted to protect us, and serve us. When they fuck up, they should pay more severely.

No word on whether or not the officer in this case has even been questioned yet.

Did they even confiscate his gun?

As for this incident, the cop shot a civilian under very questionable circumstances. If I had shot another person under the same cirumstances as a civilian, I would expect tobe arrested. The cop should not be treated any differently.

You keep saying this and it keeps being utterly stupid.

Archived