Obama preparing order to close Gitmo

Flashermac

You're right. The captives should've been detained completely in secret, interrogated until the last bit of valuable information was extracted...and then executed and dumped anonymously in the ocean. It's rediculous for anybody to believe that terrorists should be given the same rights as citizens and accorded the same guarantees. These assholes have or are trying to kill us for fucks sake! Only a dumb shit would think that, if released, they will not return to their terrorist ways. Didn't take Obama long to fuck something up.

HH

It is one thing to take that position about a person who is guilty. We all want the guilty to pay for their actions. The question becomes what of those held who are innocent? How reliable is information gained through torture? If you were held against your will and never told the reason for your capture or detainment and then after 7 years released, how would you feel about your captors? Just like in our regular prisons, people often become worse criminals through the process of being in prison. I think after being detained in Gitmo or any such prison the people being released can be considered dangerous whether they were guilty or not.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, within 12 hours of my :stirthepo nd SD's :wanker: reply, a number of news articles/commentaries appeared on the web indicating that the closing of Gitmo may not happen for a while. Seems Obama's staff of "good-doers" are back-tracking a bit.

Neocon lite? And to think you were worried about Obama.

:)

You're right. The captives should've been detained completely in secret' date=' interrogated until the last bit of valuable information was extracted...and then executed and dumped anonymously in the ocean. It's rediculous for anybody to believe that terrorists should be given the same rights as citizens and accorded the same guarantees. These assholes have or are trying to kill us for fucks sake! Only a dumb shit would think that, if released, they will not return to their terrorist ways. Didn't take Obama long to fuck something up.

HH[/quote']

It is one thing to take that position about a person who is guilty. We all want the guilty to pay for their actions. The question becomes what of those held who are innocent? How reliable is information gained through torture? If you were held against your will and never told the reason for your capture or detainment and then after 7 years released, how would you feel about your captors? Just like in our regular prisons, people often become worse criminals through the process of being in prison. I think after being detained in Gitmo or any such prison the people being released can be considered dangerous whether they were guilty or not.

You are absolutely correct.

If these people were arrested and sentenced, no problem but the USA didn't do this. We stooped to the level of our enemies making us wonder, if we as citizens, will become the country's next level of victims.

You're right. The captives should've been detained completely in secret' date=' interrogated until the last bit of valuable information was extracted...and then executed and dumped anonymously in the ocean. It's rediculous for anybody to believe that terrorists should be given the same rights as citizens and accorded the same guarantees. These assholes have or are trying to kill us for fucks sake! Only a dumb shit would think that, if released, they will not return to their terrorist ways. Didn't take Obama long to fuck something up.

HH[/quote']

You are absolutely correct.

If these people were arrested and sentenced, no problem but the USA didn't do this. We stooped to the level of our enemies making us wonder, if we as citizens, will become the country's next level of victims.

Sadly, MS & BT, people like HH have bought into the bogeyman story so completely that they are afraid of their own shadow. Sad, especially when those same people lived through the Cold War and the several times we were a cunt-hair away from pressing the button. But we still never lost our American values even in those dark times. To be piss-your-pants afraid of a few goat-fuckers in a cave is simply pathetic IMHO. Maybe harsh, but that's an apt description of folks who would sell their souls because of this shit.

Cheers,

SD

Mainsail: I think you are correct about any â??innocentsâ? being held captive for a long period of time coming out of GITMO bitter and more than ready to take up with the terroristsâ??/AQ/Taliban causes.

SD seems to like to downplay the danger that these poor, cave-dwelling â??goat fuckersâ? present by conveniently neglecting to reflect upon the loss of completely innocent lives by the captives and associates. From NYC to London, Madrid, and other European cities to Africa, the ME, and even SEA, these â??goat-fuckersâ? have killed scores of innocents and have been interrupted while planning more carnage.

It is documented that many of these â??goat-fuckersâ? who have been released have returned to their nasty ways. (I wonder, indeed, if ANY have repented and returned to crafting sandals or selling goat milk.)

I really donâ??t see the issue in getting rid of these turds. While there may be a handful of completely â??innocentâ? among them, I find it truly amazing that some here would equate these â??goat-fuckersâ? with any life much more elevated than that of a mad dog. Itâ??s a real stretch to believe that a bunch of innocents would be randomly rounded up and put in â??goat pensâ? at tremendous cost in terms of dollars and (horrors) loss of standing by a gaggle of foreign sympathizers and domestic protectors of â??American valuesâ?Â. A REAL American appreciates what it has taken to protect their values, and specifically, a right to life, liberty and happiness. Those are things which the enemies seek to disrupt and steal. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died over the last two hundred years to protect these concepts. To allow a handful of murderers to continue to live for another day and try to take those away would be a travesty.

SDâ?¦I suppose the Twin Towers, London â??tubeâ?Â, trains in Madrid, the USS Cole, and literally countless other attacks have been the work of the â??bogeymanâ?Â?

And please pass the TB.

HH

SDâ?¦I suppose the Twin Towers, London â??tubeâ?Â, trains in Madrid, the USS Cole, and literally countless other attacks have been the work of the â??bogeymanâ?Â?

None of those instances are worth selling our collective souls over (fuck, more people die of random handgun violence but heaven forbid we limit access to them :banghead: ). But we did sell our souls and our values. We let them change our country into a snivelling little puppy.

And that means that the bad guys won. Happy? I'm not.

The hard part about democracy and freedom is not allowing someone to shout "I love America." It is allowing someone with the opposite opinion to be heard too. That's where we find if we are really what we say we are, or just poseurs.

Cheers,

SD -- want's his country back to walking the talk, not posing!

Itâ??s a real stretch to believe that a bunch of innocents would be randomly rounded up and put in â??goat pensâ? at tremendous cost in terms of dollars and (horrors) loss of standing by a gaggle of foreign sympathizers and domestic protectors of â??American valuesâ?Â. A REAL American appreciates what it has taken to protect their values, and specifically, a right to life, liberty and happiness. Those are things which the enemies seek to disrupt and steal. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have died over the last two hundred years to protect these concepts. To allow a handful of murderers to continue to live for another day and try to take those away would be a travesty.

HH

HH, you should ask a real American about what you said and I think you might get an answer back which you might not like. Ask the real American if the reservation system was a good idea to contain the Native Americans and if stealing his land was an honorable practice?

Archived