Posting behavior

khunsanuk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>The political bias on this board is so single-mindedly to the left (and anti-Israel)

...Not sure about "to the left", but just as a point of information. You're quite wrong, playtheblues , about any anti Israeli bias. It was in fact just the opposite.... that's why I got involved. I kept a record of the pro and anti-Israeli posters in the recent long thread. There were 7 people anti-Israeli, and 9 with pro-Israeli posts. 10 if you include yourself - although you were more the voice of calm (we all want peace... well, I certainly do). I have PM'd you the list to check for yourself.

Yes, all you buggers who disagreed with my politics, you're well and truly off my Christmas card list now... nor will I be passing on to you the names of any sex Olympians :hubba: I cum across. Find your own sloppy seconds! :neener: :grin:

:beer:

Thank you for the clarification, surprising! Diversity of political opinion is otherwise not the forte of this board.

I have never made any secret of my view that a world without Hamas would be a much better world. "Religion is evil" (Richard Dawkins in "The God Delusion" , islam is the most alien to my Western ideals of human spirit and extremist islam is a dangerous threat to my fundamental Western values. And a strong Hamas makes a two-state solution impossible, as much as the right-wing Israelis do. And we must understand why states act as they do when their security is threatened: always by disproportionate force, and Israel always with double disproportionality because it perceives any security issue as an existential threat

But nonetheless I strongly hope that the week long cease-fire will hold and extend. The human suffering and destruction is too much to stomach, I guess we agree on that.

This was outside the topic, sorry.

"...I kept a record of the pro and anti-Israeli posters in the recent long thread. There were 7 people anti-Israeli, and 9 with pro-Israeli posts..."

So where did I fall in? Just curious for reasons I will reveal later on.Or maybe not...I do know there was 1 VERY anti Jewish guy on this board, which my make him anti Israel as well I suppose. An odd sort, never liked him. On the other hand, there was another twat, equally as annoying, who was more than willing to kiss any Jewish/Israeli ass that came along, so I thought it balanced out well.

I didn't place you in either camp, OH. Simply for my own curiosity, I just listed posters who seemed definitely one side of the issue or the other.

From memory I think you were trying to calm the troubled waters also.

I'll PM you the list. Don't want to stir up a hornets' nest.

>>The political bias on this board is so single-mindedly to the left (and anti-Israel)

...Not sure about "to the left", but just as a point of information. You're quite wrong, playtheblues , about any anti Israeli bias. It was in fact just the opposite.... that's why I got involved. I kept a record of the pro and anti-Israeli posters in the recent long thread. There were 7 people anti-Israeli, and 9 with pro-Israeli posts. 10 if you include yourself - although you were more the voice of calm (we all want peace... well, I certainly do). I have PM'd you the list to check for yourself.

Yes, all you buggers who disagreed with my politics, you're well and truly off my Christmas card list now... nor will I be passing on to you the names of any sex Olympians :hubba: I cum across. Find your own sloppy seconds! :neener: :grin:

That is soooo rich coming from you.

All your posts in the Gaza thread drip from bias, pure hate, and even plain lies.

And when you could not win the argument, you started insulting more than 1 poster of being jewish / zionist / dual passportholder.

How low can one get ?

Yes, I promised myself to stay out of that thread, but for you to continue here is too much.

Flashermac is very right that no arguments can be won on the internet.

And now you classify people as pro and anti Israel ????

I could name a few countries who did that before you.

One comment on your "peaceplan", if I may use one word : naive.

BB

definitely not on your x-mas list

I think that's a little strong BB, maybe even inaccurate. Whilst it is clear Robaus has no love for Israel, a lot of his posts were sourced and factual.

If he did lapse into insults at times, then so did many. There was a reason for that, unjustifiable maybe, but in the face of constant insults from a now ex-poster, that is what happened from time to time.

Robaus to his credit did try to argue his points more often than not. I found much of what he contributed to be highly informative.

Before you accuse me of being anti-Israel, I'm not. I'm against the deaths of innocents, no matter who or where they are.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7839863.stm

Archived