Credit card checks???

drogon

Faust,

Don't worry I can't get them damned CC over here either :banghead: Luckily the wife can though & no one seems to even blink an eye when I sign as a female Thai LOL all the time :up:

Regarding presenting CC at check in I've never been required to even e.g. SQ & others explicitly states that it has to be shown, but no/lax enforcements even SD states TG strictly enforce it - really - in economy as well (or have u never tried those :neener:)?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure but I am not rich like some board members hence the reason why I intended to buy the ticket directly on the airline website....rather than at a travel agency in BKK.

(business because this would be her first time on a long-haul flight -> hence more comfort)

Are you sure the travel agency is more expensive? The TG website is a piece of crap.

Regarding presenting CC at check in I've never been required to even e.g. SQ & others explicitly states that it has to be shown, but no/lax enforcements even SD states TG strictly enforce it - really - in economy as well (or have u never tried those :neener:)?

Well, mate, believe me or not, but I fly *weekly*, on econ tix mostly, and buy all of my tix online -- so obviously I know nothing of what I speak :banghead: .

I am asked *every time* on TG & SQ for my card, at the biz class check-in, the econ check-in or the gold check-in, in *every* port, in each direction. UA also, on the rare instances I fly them. Fail to take heed at your own risk, but don't bitch at the airline if you find I am correct!

Cheers,

SD

I can't get a CC! I tried and got lots of malarky about having to have lived here for 3 years etc.

Do what I did, my first Thai CC was a second card from my wifes account.

When I opened HSBC account at Rama IV branch last year I got a Platinum card straight away.

Faustian - I have two credit cards here with quite high limits. After using the same bank for a year and a good credit history it was pretty easy. Main point was Thai income over I think 80K a month (I made it by a few thousand baht).

Oddly my wife got her first credit cards in the reverse of Mekong, she leached of me then built a record to get her own. Her limit is much lower than mine, earns officially 30K a month.

Actually this is a thread highjack but a interesting tangent.

Back to Drogon - first time my wife flew to Australia she was very happy in economy. Remember they aren't a tall race :)

Archived