Aussie dumbass granted Royal pardon

drogon

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the authority on gayness here...I have to rule Jim as "... who the hell knows...and it it really any of our business?" True, he is suspect on many levels, but so are his buddies Dom Deloluise, Burt Reynalds and Merv etc...

I have known many effeminate guys who I would swear were gay, and really weren't. Other guys who turned out to be gay were never suspec t...I tell you, it is getting harder and harder to judge gayness these days...all the metro sexual sensitivity crap...

Too bad W. C. Fields isn't around to play him.

p.s. OH, I took a gay colleague on a tour of Nana Plaza a few years ago. He wanted to see the "other side". Wouldn't you know it, the BGs were all over the guy! He said to me afterwards, "I haven't kissed a woman in ages. It's all right." To look at him, you'd never think he was gay.

:dunno:

Up to you if you find Nicolaides-san being an exciting subject.

Judging from pictures he doesn't look too promising in the fun department though...

Harry exciting? I wouldn't go quite that far. He's certainly a case study in how to get things wrong in Thailand.

I thought Burt Reynolds was great in 'Boogie Nights' BTW.

only people keeping [this post] alive, me,... like talking about Harry.

So this all really about your personal dislike of this guy, and you don't won't others commenting about this dumbass law or how it was applied here? In other words, strictly personal attacks (that cannot be verified one or the other) and no discussion of this law or policy in general.

Someone here (I think Shyeguy) commented on the total disconnect between (a) those trying to justify the application of the LM law here by attacking Harry's on unrelated events (irrelevant) (B) the basic Western mores. I guess I came to Thailand too late to so quickly sell out, ehr...give up, the latter.

I guess this also explains why this turned into a thread about whether Jim Neighbors is gay or not. Neither subject interests me, so I will butt out (no pun intended).

But not before making one observation: I thought someone here said this would all blow-over and we would never hear again about Harry and the the LM laws. That obviously hasn't proved true. I will be curious to see how more gasoline is thrown in this fire in the months to come. Total fiasco.

Guest lazyphil

at my school it was against the rules to wear white socks but lads still did knowing the outcome of a detention, yes an hours detention doing lines or whatever, picking up litter, after school, just for wearing white socks!!

most lads grew up and approached life with a degree of common sense and maturity.

I agree the fact he is a moron is separated from his condemnation.

First: We are free to criticize the law (freedom of speech and of opinion)

Second: Western logic are all very good from outside but when you take the "risk" to travel/live in LOS -> then you are meant to follow Thai laws....and you don't have the right to vote to change the law.

Third: No matter how despicable/backward etc...a law can be, if you know the law then break it, being a temporary resident/visitor of the country

-> you are a criminal following the law

Fourth: All board members always take sides in such a case, sometimes "hot topics" are too hot.

In the end:

Let me tell you a short story.

My family (and me) moved to Rwanda one day, after having witnessed a local insurrection in Congo (and lost all our belongings) we perfectly knew that the same could happen in Rwanda.

It happened and we lost what we had there (luckily my parents are not idiots so we didn't lose everything).

The moral of the story:

This was not even a law just a possible event which happened and might happen again....

Now, the "case" here being about a law (however unfair) -> if you don't want problems then don't break it or simply....don't go to this "backward" country.

Like it or not, but if you move your ass to live in LOS -> then you take some risks, you can moan all you want, criticize the system/laws

but after all if something happens-> You were warned beforehand....

I find disgusting the attitude of some board members:

. The ones living outside LOS can rightfully have some strong opinions about LOS and its system

. The ones living there are of course free to criticize the flaws of LOS

-> but the members living there who systematically spit on the system and then take the moral high grounds.....you are a bunch of cowards because you are part of the system and don't dare act against it......

So this all really about your personal dislike of this guy, and you don't won't others commenting about this dumbass law or how it was applied here?

Now you're getting your knickers in a twist again. Nobody's saying you shouldn't keep commenting. Just don't expect a serious discussion of the lese majeste laws. It's illegal in Thailand and it endangers the message board. Also I don't think it's very useful.

If you really feel strongly why don't you write a book? Or picket at Sanam Luang? Or take a food parcel to an activist in jail? Be sure to take some ID with you because the Thais might have some questions.

Archived