Pattaya Foreign Police Volunteers Thwart Covert Film Thug

expat

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, this guy seemed intent on filming the TP, for what reason I dont know. I also dont know how long the original footage is, if this guy was deliberately trying to wind up the TP or not. But from this clip I thought they did a good job.

Why all this hostility to the TP? They give up their spare time and as far as I know get no reward for it. Surely we should be praising them rather than dissing them.

Aren't they self appointed though so would it be virtually impossible for them to gain a work permit?

By the looks of things they were begging for a wind-up.....bit like Mall Security.

The propositions central to the use of this phenomenon of the 'FPV' fall under three rubrics: origins, behaviors, and consequences.

Why did they form - one could suspect, frustrated want to be police officers (having been a BIB in an earlier life, one did laugh (nervously) as to the recruits who didn't make it, and shutter at the thought of some of the applicants that did not even make training).

Behaviors - no one likes to be filmed, secretly or otherwise but why did they get so cut up about it. If they were that easily wound up, or acted in such an unprofessional manner to diffuse the issue then, one may imply that they are not suitable for such a role.

Consequences - this is the real worry with such groups, what happens when their motives are not so altruistic? Or, a political or criminal element secretes themselves into their organization?

In my opinion, no good can come from such splinter organizations in any sense. However, if one had to live with such a group, their use should be limited to - to mediate or assist police already in attendance at an incident or to alert the police solely, in regards to any acts of social disorder.

I see them as the equivalent of what we call community support officers, no real powers per se, however they are there to offer guidance, information and a very basic form of policing.

IMO, the BiB are very uncomfortable in dealing with minor drunk&disorderly issues with Farangs, they either over-react or do nothing.

The TP on the other hand are more likely to be able to sort out any minor infractions without being too heavy-handed.

Ok' date=' this guy seemed intent on filming the TP, for what reason I dont know. I also dont know how long the original footage is, if this guy was deliberately trying to wind up the TP or not. But from this clip I thought they did a good job.

Why all this hostility to the TP? They give up their spare time and as far as I know get no reward for it. Surely we should be praising them rather than dissing them.

[/quote']

Aren't they self appointed though so would it be virtually impossible for them to gain a work permit?

By the looks of things they were begging for a wind-up.....bit like Mall Security.

I believe and correct me if I am wrong, they report to the BiB so they are not self-appointed.

They also have regular jobs in LOS so would have the necessary Work permit anyhow.

Whats wrong with Mall security? aren't they supposed to be there as a deterrent to crime rather than actually wading in all guns blazing?

Seems like a real agenda against people who do good for the community on here.

The only time I went to pattaya walking street I saw them and they don't look like community support officers but rather like "vigilante" guys...

and not helpful at all -> when I asked one question I just received a "go" as an aswer.

:banghead:

I suppose that with my face they thought I was thai or something like that..

Since then I consider these people as sore losers who get some "hype" from playing cops.

But this is just IME and IMO

:dunno:

Couldn't care less as I don't plan to ever go to sin city again.

:beer:

Interesting topic that is being debated all over the Thai forums. Interesting as it seems people are arguing two different things against each other and both are right (or wrong).

The â??FPV: appears to made up mostly by people we are all familiar with and that enjoy dressing up and acting like policemen. A lot of real policeman have this same problem. It just puts a lot of people have to see guys walking down a Thai nightlife area in black uniforms with all the paraphernalia, except the gun. I know it makes me feel a bit put out, and Iâ??m real easy going. In addition, the â??FPVâ? might, and I say again, might, have some conflict of interest issues. These two problems appear to over shadow the good the uncouthly do by helping people communicate with the real Thai police.

Video taping someone from a semi-hidden camera without their permission. As I said earlier, if someone is walking down the street with video camera if front of there face, it is up to me to notice and turn away if I donâ??t want to be in the picture. But this guy was following them, moved the camera away when ever they turned his way and has admitted to sitting in the bar near the â??stationâ? and video taping with the camera in his lap (Which he says is the normal way he takes videos sitting down, yeah, right).

So there you have it. A guy takes covert pictures of a group of people on a pwertrip that he knew he would get a reaction doing so. He then post on You Tube with the title â??Don't Mess With The Pattaya Tourist Police Volunteersâ?Â

Whose right? Whose wrong?

Everyone. :whatever:

TH

Archived