United Air Sucks!!!

cavanami

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh. More like a nightmare. The last time I flew them they had seriously about four hosties for the entire plane. If I wanted anything outside of normal feeding times, I had to literally get up and get it myself...and was told to do so by one of the rare appearances of a hostie. In J class. Twice. I also did it 3x in Y and it was far, far worse.

Maybe the arr/dep times are OK, but the in-flight experience blows chunks. This was in 2002, but I'm *sure* it has not gotten better! I suppose if you neck down 15mg of Dormicum and drink a bottle of red wine and sleep the whole way it's OK. But I'd prefer not to do that.

Try the SQ flight from SIN-JFK if you want to see a dream. Even in Y.

Cheers,

SD

Try the SQ flight from SIN-JFK if you want to see a dream. Even in Y.

Sorry but no more Y class on SQ EWR (not JFK) to SIN, or the LAX-SIN nonstop. The A345's have all been converted to an all-biz class configuration. Seat map is here .

BTW, I just did SFO-HKG-SFO on SQ in their new biz class on their new 77W's, and I must admit I was blown away. The plane is absolutely spectacular - nicest commercial jet I have ever been on. There was leather on the walls of the lav's for christ sakes! The plane was absolutely spotless throughout the flight too. Great food and great service. And the new biz seat is amazing ... much nicer than UA in first class on all levels of comparison.

I don't think you can beat SQ's service...

As for UAL...far be it for me to defend the carrier who stole my pension, but this shit happens...plain and simple, they may have had the part (I assume this was a deferred item?) in NRT, and NOT SFO...hey, it happens! I'd have to know what the repair was to comment/explain...

BTW, same thing happened to me flying Thai, 4 hours delay in NRT to change an APU...as TG didn't have one in LAX...shit happens. Sucks, but it happens.

They "said" it was some seal on a door.

1. cannot believe what they say as they lie...many times they tell me, flight delayed due to weather at the destination, standing there looking at the sunny shies being shown in front of us on CNN...farkin liars!

2. No reason we could not have been taken off the plane...but due to "customs and security" we have to stay on the plane...bullshit!!!

My United flying days are soon to end, enough of there azzholes!!!

My sister flew Emerites last year, 1st class, Such niceties as a pot of tea, rather then just a cup of hot water with a tea bag thrown in...then she flew United, with the cup of water and the tea bag thrown...shit, 10 minutes after the flight took off there were no air staff to be seen!

She will NEVER fly United again!

Those non-stop flights to Asia (HK or Singapore) are great!

Some years ago, I had a problem with UAL.

There was a snowstorm the night before my flight which caused my flight out of La Guardia airport to be cancelled. I had changed my booking to another flight leaving JFK but somehow UAL lost my reservation. Due to the snowstorm on the prevous night, the airport was crowded with passengers in a tizzy at the airline counters.

I managed to resolved my booking problem at the counter.

My 7am flight rolled out of the gate only to encounter a mechanical problem with de-icing. The airplane rolled backed to the gate. I watched helplessly another flight (9am) leave without incident.

Needless to say, I missed my connecting flight out of SF. However, I was met at the gate in SF by UAL ground crew who directed me to another flight (to Taipei) where I connected to another carrier with an upgrade to Bangkok.

All-in-all, I arrived in Bangkok at my regularily scheduled time (11pm).

I have flown on UAL/NWA many times out of JFK and have never had a delay on my connecting flight out of Narita.

Overall, I prefer the Asian carrier but my frequent flyer miles are with the American carriers.

Archived