Cheap but good beef

AloyMak

Had a meal at a place called 'Best Beef' on Suk 77. It's an outdoor place where you order steak and grill your own on a hot skillet or hot pot. To give an idea of prices: A portion of domestic ribeye is 120 baht. Tenderloin 150. Pork 100. Australian tenderloin is 300. I qould guess a portion is about 6-10 oounces depending on meat. They also have Som Tams on the menu from 30-60 baht. Large Leo beer is 39 baht. They also have a cooked t-bone steak for 99 baht.

The beef tasted pretty good. It's not aged beef but since you eat it as soon as you finish cooking it, the meat is tender and juicy. The atmosphere is bright, clean and much nicer than a moo-kata place.

I think they are running some kind of 199 baht buffet special now. They didn't have it when I was there but said it was starting the next day. If I understood correctly, you get a choice of 20 different cuts of meat.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

It is just across the canal overpass between Phra Khanong and On Nut on the inbound side.

If you are ordering a steak or pork chop, be aware that they put a sweet and gloppy gravy all over it. Next time I'll know to ask them to leave it off, otherwise, not a bad meal for the price.

There are a few new and one long established similar restaurants along that stretch.

The BBQ on Sukhumvit just past the Rama 4 intersection (In-bound side) in Phra Khanong has been considerably up-graded in the last few months; many more selections of both meat and seafood to chose from.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I am. As many know, I am "an award winning professional photo journalist." Though most of my pictures from this last trip to Angkor Wat suck...I'm blaming the camera.

As for steaks, the new Australia Pub and Grill on SOi 11 is good, but expensive. The cheaper steaks start at 300+ up to like 900...

Actually, I am. As many know, I am "an award winning professional photo journalist." Though most of my pictures from this last trip to Angkor Wat suck...I'm blaming the camera.

As for steaks, the new Australia Pub and Grill on SOi 11 is good, but expensive. The cheaper steaks start at 300+ up to like 900...

I had problems with one camera at Angkor. The cause was the high humidity. Leaving an airconditioned room and then going out in the humidity caused the problem.

Archived