Patpong Market Raid

Mekong

Kamui,

This topic should be renamed yesterdays news!

You are just reading too much into the answers. No one has criticized you. I read Cav's answer completely opposite to you. I just said that this was an uncommon event, which it certainly was...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[edit Mod3]

OK, now we can go on....

I did see the Patpong incident in the TV news tonight, looked to be in front of the hotel.

Anywho, Mekong, hope you made it out of there OK, as not fun being in the shooting zone!

>...who of you has the biggest shlong...

No worries., I will lose everytime, but I can bet against myself and always win :drunk:

The Post adds more details:

<< Venders clashed violently with ministry officials in Bangkokâ??s tourist centre of Patpong. There were reports of gunshots being fired into the air to scare off the officials.

About 200 vendors and 50 Ministry of Commerce officials were involved in the conflict, which erupted after officials raided sellersâ?? booths to arrest them for intellectual property violations and confiscate their goods.

Officials arrested four vendors and made off with four vans loaded with confiscated counterfeit goods, mostly pirated copies of handbags and clothing.

The arrested vendors were taken to Bang Rak police station, where they were given bail on Thursday morning. Another vendor under charges was being treated for his injuries at a hospital.

Vendors shortly afterwards marched to Bang Rak police station to file charges against the commerce officials. They accused them of assault and of causing damage to property.

Some vendors, covered in blood, told reporters they were assaulted by the raiding party. Market vendors continued to file charges with police throughout Thursday.

National police chief Gen Patcharawat Wongsuwan said he instructed the chief of the Bangkok police to closely supervise all issues relating to the incident. >>

I read something about this on [edit Mod3] frankly I think [edit Mod3] has his head up his[edit Mod3] to even think [edit Mod3] would suggest [edit Mod3] [edit Mod3] [edit Mod3] if that is understandable at all by some of the [edit Mod3] who it were up to me [edit Mod3].

So in reality [edit Mod3] seems to indicate [edit Mod3] That Troy was making and amateur ruling on gayness, which normally I would be against, but [edit Mod3] is something I think we can all agree on. [edit Mod3].

[edit Mod3]

Edited by Moderator3 on 07/05/2009 02:09. Reason for edit: Old Hippie is a [edit mod69] who clearly [edit mod69].

On a completely different note, I think many people do not agree with the position taken by the motion picture industry or the recording industry, and that is what really fuels the "Piracy" of copyrighted materials.

I am on the record as saying I see the other side in this, as well as the hypocrisy of many of those on the pro industry side. My guess is, the industry has more money than the pirates, and is thus maybe paying the cops more than the pirates.

In any and all events, you will NEVER stop this, and if I understand it right, the worst pirates are in China...but I don't see the USA going after them.

Where are all these starving actors and producers and singers etc who are supposedly the "victims" in all of this?

Archived