LOS Arrests Quality Tourist

shygye

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Usually from what I have seen/heard they just confiscate the wine/booze (all of it, including your one bottle allowance). They won't let you pay duty on it retroactively.

did this happen to you or where did you hear it?

so 1 litre is the overall total limit whether it is wine, spirit or beer?

in most of the countries in Europe you can bring 2 liter of wines AND 1 liter of spirit.

usually i bring along some bottles of wine when coming back from Europe as good wine is so expensive in Thailand

Usually from what I have seen/heard they just confiscate the wine/booze (all of it' date=' including your one bottle allowance). They won't let you pay duty on it retroactively.[/quote']

did this happen to you or where did you hear it?

so 1 litre is the overall total limit whether it is wine, spirit or beer?

in most of the countries in Europe you can bring 2 liter of wines AND 1 liter of spirit.

usually i bring along some bottles of wine when coming back from Europe as good wine is so expensive in Thailand

Happened to two close friends. And I have seen them doing it at the green channel exit.

Knock wood, so far not happened to me.

Cheers,

SD

Hate to be a dick (no I don't) but I wasn't really giving an opinion, just trying to be nice about it. I've looked this up before and posted on it as well.........

Monday April 27th 2009 5 03 pm - Post#778770

In response to SiLeakHunt - Simple Customs Question?

NN....don't bother declaring it. I would say lots of us bring them here and not an eye is batted as we walk through the nothing to declare exit.

SLH......looks like 1 liter of alcohol is the limit and no more fags needed. Thailand has an abundant supply already........

Allowance per adult: 200 cigarettes or 250g of tobacco or 50 cigars

:neener:

Archived