LOS Arrests Quality Tourist

shygye

CW' date=' spot on...An Australian flies all this way to sit in an Aussie bar....

Stay at home next time dumbass. Quality tourists....right...

I bet she only eats "farang" food whilst here too. Jerkweed. [/quote']

I don't understand your anger. I guess a HUGE portion of tourists sticks to what they know from home. Just have a look at those all inclusive hotels, group tours, cruise tours, e.g.

And there is a reason why there are so many Farang bars and hotels in LOS. I guess that even a huge portion of backpackers stick to the beaten paths...

Also were is the proof that this women visited only Aussi bars?

Some here on the board are really presumptuous.

Wildly misinterpreting my words here Kamui,....no idea what happened, but you've gone off into la la land.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geez' date=' I'm gonna have to agree with LP! A sad day indeed LOL!

Cheers,

SD[/quote']

Yep me too :banghead::banghead::banghead:

The ironing lady just returned from a monthe visiting her mom in Chonburi. If there was a true GTG she is it...I am sure Dumsoda will vouch for that.

Reality is after spending so much time in Sydney she forgets what it is like to be a normal young woman in Pattaya where she cannot walk the street without getting propositioned......and she never goes anywhere near the bar areas. She said she was just sick of it and thought the aussies were by far the worst.

As for The Mat Lady she says she will never return to LOS again but did say "No one meant for it to go this bad. It was a dumb thing to do in a country where you don't do dumb things. I knew that at the time," she admitted.

Oddly I'd made the same point as LP earlier, but no one agreed with me...(looks for a crying smiley)...

I'm sad.

However, this also means I agreed with LP (or rather he agreed with me). Strange things are occurring.....

I feel unwell.

Think I might go steal a bar mat.

well given germanys nazi past you lot bend over backwards to appear a bit more liberal than others' date=' if you could follow your heart you tie them up with piano wire!!!! (lets cut out the pious gibber jabber kamui)[/quote']

That is pretty rich coming from a Brit. In the UK, criminals with multiple property crime convictions get zero prison time.

Oddly, I knew of a juvenile offender who got sent to prison for stealing a can of coke cola....

I knew of several adults who went to prison for the theft of items under 1 pound.

Granted, these fine folks had previous convictions, but the theft of a cheap item was what got them sent to prison.

Just throwing that into the mix....for the hell of it....

If we ignore mat lady for a minute, the thing that comes out of this thread is the raw hatred that some board members have for tourists, be they punters or otherwise. Its the 'I moved here, I live here, and you can all fuck off and stop coming to this part of the world !' attitude - in surfing, its called 'localism' and its incredibly stupid.

SD got a brief glance at the Queen St Mall here in Brissie when he was here earlier this week (the rain left with him - hooray :) ), and he remarked to me on how crowded it was when he arrived, even with the crap weather. A large part of that crowd is tourists, drawn to our compact, vehicle-free shop-a-holic zone. I could run through the Mall tonight shouting 'Tourists go home !' and I'd probably be locked up - either way, nothing would change. The tourists spend their money in our shops and restaurants, they keep people in jobs and any downsides are minimal - we may just get a different class of tourist in our own country to those we export, but the only local-vs-import issues here are with Indian cabbies, and those guys arent 'tourists', they are mostly students.

For me, what it comes down to is embarrassment - I don't want to be associated with halfwits anywhere - but that isnt going to stop planeloads of Caucasians making a beeline to Asia. It seems that one is either a 'blind Thai apologist' or a 'blind Farang apologist' to several of the hardliners on this board, so I'm sure this will go over like a lead balloon. If you really want to stop the terror, er, tourists coming to your little patch of heaven, don a red shirt and head for the airport.

gobbledonk....ever thought there are people who just don't tolerate obnoxious rude behaviour?

Your "'blind Thai apologist' or a 'blind Farang apologist' " theory just doesn't wash.

So if your tourist in Queen St Mall runs around making a scene and when the police ask him to tone it down and he replies "Fuck off ya low life convict peasent" does he deserve to get locked up?

Incidently I am not an expat.

CW, spot on...An Australian flies all this way to sit in an Aussie bar....

Stay at home next time dumbass. Quality tourists....right...

I bet she only eats "farang" food whilst here too. Jerkweed.

:yeahthat: :content:

If we ignore mat lady for a minute, the thing that comes out of this thread is the raw hatred that some board members have for tourists, be they punters or otherwise. Its the 'I moved here, I live here, and you can all fuck off and stop coming to this part of the world !' attitude - in surfing, its called 'localism' and its incredibly stupid.

SD got a brief glance at the Queen St Mall here in Brissie when he was here earlier this week (the rain left with him - hooray :) ), and he remarked to me on how crowded it was when he arrived, even with the crap weather. A large part of that crowd is tourists, drawn to our compact, vehicle-free shop-a-holic zone. I could run through the Mall tonight shouting 'Tourists go home !' and I'd probably be locked up - either way, nothing would change. The tourists spend their money in our shops and restaurants, they keep people in jobs and any downsides are minimal - we may just get a different class of tourist in our own country to those we export, but the only local-vs-import issues here are with Indian cabbies, and those guys arent 'tourists', they are mostly students.

For me, what it comes down to is embarrassment - I don't want to be associated with halfwits anywhere - but that isnt going to stop planeloads of Caucasians making a beeline to Asia. It seems that one is either a 'blind Thai apologist' or a 'blind Farang apologist' to several of the hardliners on this board, so I'm sure this will go over like a lead balloon. If you really want to stop the terror, er, tourists coming to your little patch of heaven, don a red shirt and head for the airport.

Apologist :neener:

I don't dislike tourists, I find they go quite well with "Fava beans and a nice Chianti".

So if your tourist in Queen St Mall runs around making a scene and when the police ask him to tone it down and he replies "Fuck off ya low life convict peasent" does he deserve to get locked up?

And he would be, or at least he'd be interviewed by the cops, just as I would be. My point is that its easy to tar all Farang, or all Thais, with exactly the same brush based on the actions of a relatively small percentage of the population. Localism isnt unique to any corner of the world, nor is blind hatred, and I can see why many board members would like to see incidents like this get *zero* publicity, but I doubt that any of these things will change.

I dont like going to MBK and finding that thousands of people 'discovered' the place before I did, but wishing the crowds would piss off isnt going to make it happen and more than wishing all tourists were well-mannered, Thai speaking, respectful big spenders with an intricate understanding of the Thai culture is going to make it happen. Mat lady will probably opt for Bali next time, but I doubt that she will allow herself to be put in the same position again - one lesson learnt, 19.99 million to go.

Archived