LOS Arrests Quality Tourist

shygye

hasn't thailand always been run by 'dark forces'?.....look, come to los, party, have fun, get drunk, monger but be nice.....and theres a strong possibilty you'll come home with a good feeling. act like an asshole, then expect to suffer.

Geez, I'm gonna have to agree with LP! A sad day indeed LOL!

My feeling is that there are folks who can handle the anarchy that is Thailand (e.g., do what you want, but don't hurt others in any way), and those that cannot. The latter (e.g., this gal) either need to stay home or prepare to suffer the consequences.

Given the idiocy I see from tourists -- and I go out of my way to avoid them, so I am missing the real deal -- a lot need to stay home.

It is really simple: if you would not do it at home, don't do it here. If you do, expect to be punished as you would at home.

What she got was very similar to what she would have gotten at home. I'd say she got better treatment here than she would have in the US or Oz.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is really simple: if you would not do it at home, don't do it here. If you do, expect to be punished as you would at home.

What she got was very similar to what she would have gotten at home. [color:red]I'd say she got better treatment here than she would have in the US or Oz.[/color]

Cheers,

SD

I guess it is better than not to travel to the USA or OZ...

In Germany she would have left the police station after one hour with a fine.

Guest lazyphil

well given germanys nazi past you lot bend over backwards to appear a bit more liberal than others, if you could follow your heart you tie them up with piano wire!!!! (lets cut out the pious gibber jabber kamui)

well given germanys nazi past you lot bend over backwards to appear a bit more liberal than others, if you could follow your heart you tie them up with piano wire!!!! (lets cut out the pious gibber jabber kamui)

That you need to bring up German history shows how weak your argument is...

:doah:

PS: that the US police isn't the most civilized is regularly documented in US media by showing people beaten up or tasered by the cops.

Guest lazyphil

not weak at all. on enbarking on going to visit a 3rd world or at best developing country like los anyone should have the gumption to know its not likely to be like home and adopt a defensive, diplomatic approach to a visit.....visit with arrogance and laud over your hosts and act wrong then put up or shut the fux up!

not weak at all. on enbarking on going to visit a 3rd world or at best developing country like los anyone should have the gumption to know its not likely to be like home and adopt a defensive, diplomatic approach to a visit.....visit with arrogance and laud over your hosts and act wrong then put up or shut the fux up!

Of course we all know that we should behave according to common sense AND the local laws and habits.

But as you said: the political/economical system is becoming more and more off balance and the thin varnish of LOS being a country which has achieved relatively high standards (rule of law, democratic system, e.g.) is rubbing off now.

Unfortunately probably a major part of the tourists has now idea what kind of country they are visiting, except that there a beaches, bitches and spicy food.

The TAT did a great job in the 1990s spreading the positive stereotype of Thailand being the 'land of smiles'. Now the image is imploding and the unsuspecting tourists are learning this the hard way.

I guess the obvious clash between the international image of LOS and the harsh reality makes it so interesting for the media worlwide to report such a small incident of women jailed for two nights in Phuket.

PS: Are people in your country really being jailed for several days for stealing a 45 USD mat?

That is pretty rich coming from a Brit. In the UK, criminals with multiple property crime convictions get zero prison time.

Geez, I'm gonna have to agree with LP! A sad day indeed LOL!

Cheers,

SD

Yep me too :banghead::banghead::banghead:

The ironing lady just returned from a monthe visiting her mom in Chonburi. If there was a true GTG she is it...I am sure Dumsoda will vouch for that.

Reality is after spending so much time in Sydney she forgets what it is like to be a normal young woman in Pattaya where she cannot walk the street without getting propositioned......and she never goes anywhere near the bar areas. She said she was just sick of it and thought the aussies were by far the worst.

As for The Mat Lady she says she will never return to LOS again but did say "No one meant for it to go this bad. It was a dumb thing to do in a country where you don't do dumb things. I knew that at the time," she admitted.

Archived