Good Bakery

HSTEACH

Ok, tougher one...

Savoury pastries with fillings such as Salmon and broccoli or mushroom or bacon and cheese or even chicken and mushroom....?

I miss such delicacies....

Refer to original answer...

Cheers,

SD -- insomniac

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you like a good Rye bread once in a while, Tops Market has an excellent version. One of the best Rye breads I have found in BKK. Available in two sizes, sliced or unsliced. Get to their store mid morning if you can. Sometimes the bread is still warm. Quite a good pastry selection as well. A Tops Market can be found adjacent to Asoke BTS, beneath Robinson's.

There are various places around selling "stuffed pastry." I have seen such in the small shop near the MRT/BTS Asoke Station, on the lower sukhumvit side, near Robinsons...BUT, my own experience has been they are not that good. Villa Market also had similar, but again, NOT that tasty.

Landmark is good - for those on edge of town Emerald Hotel on Ratchada has good breads including my Fav "Walnut" bread.

Both places have half price from about 6.30 or 7pm onwards.

The German Deli in Soi 20 is good too!

Around lower Sukhumvit the best bread I was able to find was in "Bei Otto". I am not at all impressed by the bread in supermarkets like Tops, Villa and Foodland. The loafs in "Bei Otto" are stored on a rack and not pre sliced/plastic wrapped as you will find many other places. They will slice it for you if ask though. "Bei Otto" also have some really good rolls with ham and cheese if you come in for lunch. Cant really comment on pastries and cakes, as I eat that very rarely.

Paillote

Hi,

"I am not at all impressed by the bread in supermarkets like Tops, Villa and Foodland."

I assume you are referring to brands like Farmhouse and Gardenia, right? If so, fully agree.

What I mentioned was the bread shop in the same location as most Tops supermarkets. Usually there is a separate bread shop outside of the actual supermarket and the bread there is often decent. Certainly a LOT better than Farmhouse / Gardenia crap.

Sanuk!

Archived