NWA must have some fatties flying

TroyinEwa/Perv

I think it would be more of a combination of weight and (because of senority) age as to why they couldn't do their duties in the event of an emergency. I would think that a young size 28 would have a bit more brawn and could easier do some of the things that require muscle in an emergency. But not a lethargic 60 year old FA, sized 28.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enuff, I'd say.

But there should be some tests as to if they can do the job an AFAIK, there is not.

Of course, my interest is just passing as I refuse to fly US carriers unless I have to (like, as in being in the US, which I avoid like the plague LOL).

Cheers,

SD

I think your daughter's not being able to give blood is a result of all the rules/quetions being aksed of donors since the mid 1990's. I've given blood regularly since 1972 and there were practically no questions back then. I do think that in giving blood, bigger is better, almost to the point that they would prefer a person being obiesely fat to an extremely skinny person.

I think that I'm going to join the club of those that use non american carriers between Thailand and the U. S. It made sence to use them for the easier connection to Kansas City and, while I had gold elite status (and r/t tickets were running between $900-$1,000), I would get double miles. For awhile, I was getting triple miles on NWA, which meant I got a free ticket to Thailand for every one I bought. That ended about 3 years ago and my wife is now using the last of my FF milage for her trip to Thailand. Now, NWA is averaging between $1,550-$1,900 for a coach ticket from K.C. to Thailand and China air and Japan air are offering tickets from lax-bkk for $630. Even paying southwest airlines $150-$200 for a round trip between K.C. and LAX, I can't justify paying NWA and extra $500-$1,000 to fly them. The more attractive FA's are just an added bonus.

Attractive is not even the thing. The service levels, man, the service...

The blood thing cracks me up: a person who is the proper size for a human and in the best shape of their lives cannot donate. Silly.

Cheers,

SD

I have been flying Northworst for at least 8 years

It keeps getting worse :sad:

Problem is I fly out of Minn. They have that all locked up.

So I'm beginning to think about flying from there to either La or Ny. then catching a flight over.

I just liked the fact 2 flights and I'm in the LOS

Any one got any good suggestions?

Yes the size 28 and up crew works out of this area.

Hell they hardly fit down the asile.At least I can. I stand 6' and weigh 270 pounds

"...But there should be some tests as to if they can do the job an AFAIK, there is not...."

Actually, there is. Basically, the FAs have to be able to run from 1 side of the plane to the other while yelling "...stay back stay back..." They then have to open the doors after assessing the situation (done with simulation aids). They are timed in this event, and you'd be surprised how fast some of the old "cows" can move.

fat hostesses should take a pay cut due to the extra fuel the plane burns moving them!

Bit of a misnomer on this. The weight of the passengers is averaged out for fuel consumption purposes. Relative to cargo/non human loads, the weight of the passengers is incidental. Back in the old days, many airlines offered special flights on freight runs.

Basically, the weight of the cargo paid for the trip at a tidy profit. The passengers were just added gravy. The difference in fuel consumption was negligible. Given engines are far more efficient now adays, I'd say it hasn't changed much...fuel prices of course have.

Not directed to anyone in particular but, On a separate note, why all the hatred here, by some for fat people? Ok, you have to look at us, but we have to put up with whatever vice you all have. Maybe you have bad hygiene and smell, or maybe you smoke and look like shit, cough and stink, or maybe you drink too much and are obnoxious, or maybe you are just a fucked up belligerent asshole, Or maybe just a seriously fucked up physical appearance...as in, some are just plain ugly and fucked up looking, no matter what their weight is.

My guess is, some here have a resentment for fat people because 1) they can't afford good food 2)were fat themselves at one point 3) were so hideous looking in their younger years, that even the fat ugly girls wouldn't put out for them...

Hi,

Googling a bit to figure out what the different size women look like and found the picture above.

Apparently a survey in Fabulous magazine found that men like size 12 while women like size 8. Somehow I have a feeling they didn't survey any of us here, as I for one most definitely prefer the size 8 girl over the size 12 girl.

Sanuk!

Archived