Numpty

Faustian

I don't get it.

I live next to a park. It is my view.

Now, today, once again, a storm the size of a city is heading towards me....I can see it, if the good folks in the park decided to raise their heads, they could see it. The outer clouds are already upon us, it's not raining yet.

But they go about their business. Sitting in the park, doing yoga, exercising, playing with each other.

All the while this churning, bubbling mass is bearing down upon them. It is a few minutes away.

Do they look up, see the wind direction of the clouds, see the huge freaking mass about to descend upon them.

No.

They continue, oblivious to the carnage about to ensue.

Of course when the vicious tropical downpour unleashes its pent up fury upon their unsuspecting souls, they will run for cover and huddle under the toilet block roof or into some other available nook and cranny. They will be wet and relatively cold.

They will then have to endure an hour or 2 of the most torrential rain. Unable to go anywhere, unless they want to resemble someone who wore their clothes in the shower.

Why oh why don't they look up to the sky.

This scene is repeated almost daily.

I just don't get it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you could fire off some flares to try and attract their attention so that you could warn them of the impending downpour or jump up and down on your balcony waving your arms in the air, while screaming "fŏn dtòk". Of course if you did do that and they saw you, they would just think you were another idiot farang and then continue with whatever they were doing. :doah:

They drive the same fucking way really. Oblivious to everything outside their small purview. No thought of anything. No looking out around them, no forward planning, no awareness of their evironment.

Now Cent, you *know* that's not really true. They are watching you. They'll wait in the center lane and pull out into your lane just as you are going to pass them, cut you off, make you step on your brakes, take their sweet time passing the car in front and slowly pull back into their lane. :cussing:

I'm thinking of re-installing a separate set of air horns like I had in my other car :evil: - those stray dogs got the hell out of the way with those babies.. :grinyes:

Archived