Numpty

Faustian

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, behaving. No insults, just straight response.

Not bigoted, this is just the Thai version of dumb. If I go to England, I get the English version of dumb (plenty of it too!). The same goes for every country. I love Thailand, that's why I'm here. If I didn't love it, I wouldn't stay.

I do think it is a human right to observe and comment on those observations. Sometimes it might be amusing, other times appalling and at others, what you see may lead to conclude it is dumb.

I have had such thoughts in all of the 60 or so countries I've visited. Some folks make a living off of such observations! I don't, I just have this board.

They are just my thoughts/opinions. Feel free to ignore my posts.

I agree that it is human to “observe and comment on those observations†and enjoy doing that myself. While I have no problem commenting on dumbness of individuals, I do have a problem when people make comments about the dumbness of individuals or groups of people and attribute that to their nationality or culture as opposed to their actual intelligence (or lack of thereof).

:beer:

TH

How did this get to be about anti-Thai or not?

I do find it amusing that you accuse me of “narrow mindedness†when that is a synonym for prejudice and bigotry, which this and many of your other posts about Thais borders on.

TH

I dare you to find one word in the opening post of this thread by Faustian that screams "prejudice" or "bigotry". I bet you can't find one.

How did this get to be about anti-Thai or not?

I do find it amusing that you accuse me of “narrow mindedness†when that is a synonym for prejudice and bigotry' date=' which this and many of your other posts about Thais borders on.

TH[/quote']

I dare you to find one word in the opening post of this thread by Faustian that screams "prejudice" or "bigotry". I bet you can't find one.

More like he said a vague "they" which some here read as implying They The Thais. I can't say that's what he meant, but it sure is how it got interpreted in Post #2, Post #6 and another pretty rough one a bit further down.

Archived