Numpty

Faustian

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to collect interesting French cars - Renault Floride - Simca Aronde (very nice car) 2cv Charleston

All nice but the Simca the best to maintain - Chrysler still had head gasket's - the Flouride was beautiful but a pain (MG copied the scoop headlight's Floride owners will tell you) the Charleston 2C very practical - and of the 3 wish I still had it :)

Same reason they remove mirrors from moto bikes, no need to see something in a direction i'm not going.

Mirrors on motorbikes don't work. If you have one that's 'normal' view, you can only see a too-small area behind you. If you have one with fisheye effect, then you see everything behind you way too small to actually see it (or judge distance). They're practically useless on motorbikes. To work the way it's intended, the mirror would need to be absurdly large for a motorbike, and no way to position it/them to avoid creating huge blindspots. Mirrors on motorbikes are mainly for show. ONly reason they are there is because you can get a ticket if they're not.

I notice how this thread quickly took a turn toward it being "them" and then "they also..." tho there was nothing in the OP mentioning who "they" were.

If you look out at the park, what you won't see are the people who did leave. They're not there.

I used to see the same thing in Central Park, Golden Gate Park, Englische Garten, etc etc.

:stirthepo

Myopic

Main Entry: my·o·pia

Pronunciation: \mÄ«-ˈÅÂ-pÄ“-É™\

Function: noun

Etymology: New Latin, from Greek myÃ…Âpia, from myÃ…Âp-, myÃ…Âps

Date: circa 1752

1 : a condition in which the visual images come to a focus in front of the retina of the eye resulting especially in defective vision of distant objects

2 : a lack of foresight or discernment : [color:red]a narrow view of something[/color]

Wasn't insulting your intelligence. You always take a similar view about anti-Thai posts. That's all.

Archived