Could You Have a Kid Out there?

Julian2

Something that occurs to me occasionally when I listen to the wisdom of long term visitors to Asia is whether they (we?) have ever procreated over the years and not realised it.

You go out into the sticks of somewhere like Isaan or Cebu you'll see kids that could easily be half European. I remember a little blonde girl about five years old running with a gang of street kids begging along the river front in Vientiane.

I must admit the thought of a child mine with no chance of a decent education or even a regular meal can be discomforting. (Not so much since I gave up drinking and no longer wake at 3am contemplating my sins).

Mind you, it can work both ways, a mate of mine sired a son in Angeles City off a two week fling with a Blue Nile girl and has been paying for it ever since.

But what about the girls who just give up and go back to the farm?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am guilty of thinking of that also. About 12 or so years ago I had a fairly regular in Manila. Lost contact many many years ago.

I know one service/waitress at a beer bar that has a very young 1/2-1/2 baby from a supposed one-time customer. Never saw him after the act.

I would think this happens alot. Just knowing the number of girls I've talked with who say they have a child back at home, I'm sure some of them don't know who papa is.

I've wondered sometimes, since when I came here in the 1970s everyone "rode bareback". All you had to worry about was the clap, so who bothered with a "raincoat"? Could I have a grown child and maybe even grandchildren by now somewhere in Isaan? If I do, I'd really like to know about it ... I think. :(

I do have a kid out there from an encounter that took place in South Korea in 1988, she is now a beautiful 21 year old lady I am still supporting through university. Her mother was not from P4P scene but a secretary from the office I had an affair with when I was first working there. We did have DNA test and I am 100% sure she is mine.

Last time I saw her when I was in Seoul last year on a business trip and I will see her again in 2 weeks time in BKK when she will be over with a couple of uni friends (guess who is paying). I have often said that one of the worst STD's is pregnancy, may not be the worst but sure are expensive.

Archived