Airline passengers see tighter security

cavanami

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last I heard (but unconfirmed) in regard to flights to the USA:

- only ONE bag (no separte notebook case for example)

- no location/flight route map on the inboard screens anymore

- no walking around during the last hour of the flight

- no blankets anymore :banghead:

- no electronic devices (iPod, Kindle, e.g.) during the WHOLE flight. :onfire:

- passengers need to arrive 3 hours instead of 2 two hours early at the airport. :sad:

I am glad that I wiil not have to go N.Y. this spring.

I have a friend who was on the Vincennes. He told me they were 100% convinced they were firing on a bomber making an approach. It was a major fark up, but an unintentional one. The ship's captain should have been relieved at the very least.

p.s. Let's ban former Soviet citizens too. Remember KAL 007? I do ... since my Bangkok neighbours when it happened worked for KAL.

As I recall, a few acts of revenge were attempted on the Captain and his family. If I read it right, or if what I read was right, not bullshit, then supposedly, the Iranian airliner was in a no fly zone, and neglected warnings to change course. When no reply came, the missile was fired...you may recall a year or so earlier, the Ruskies shot down Korean airlines flight 007 Over the Sakhalin Islands...of course that flight just happened to be carrying a former director of the John Birch Society, and an intelligence officer...or was it...?

from Wikipedia...

The aircraft, an Airbus A300B2 operated by Iran Air as IR655, was flying from Bandar Abbas, Iran, to Dubai, UAE, when it was destroyed by the U.S. Navy's guided missile cruiser USS Vincennes, killing all 290 passengers and crew aboard, including 66 children, ranking it the seventh among the deadliest airliner fatalities. It was the highest death toll of any aviation incident in the Indian Ocean and the highest death toll of any incident involving an Airbus A300 anywhere in the world. The Vincennes was traversing the Straits of Hormuz inside Iranian territorial waters and at the time of the attack, IR655 was within Iranian airspace.

No doubt it was an accident although in the doco I saw, the captain showed no remorse, and was condemned as trigger happy.

I know the US doesn't deliberartely target civilian aircraft as terrorists do. I'm just pissing on the racist Islamophobic hatefest parade above.

:beer:

I have a friend who was on the Vincennes. He told me they were 100% convinced they were firing on a bomber making an approach. It was a major fark up, but an unintentional one. The ship's captain should have been relieved at the very least.

p.s. Let's ban former Soviet citizens too. Remember KAL 007? I do ... since my Bangkok neighbours when it happened worked for KAL.

Also, Africans should be bannened too, and of course Americans - don't forget that most of the recent attacks in the US were home made.

Or to make it more easier for Homeland Security:

- Limit all flights for foreigners to one flight per person per year.

- All foreigners must buy the tickets three months before the flight in person in an approved travel agency, which will have one branch in the capital of every country.

- Tickets must be picked up personally by the traveller on week before the flight.

- The traveller must provide some basic documentation like income, websites (forums) visited in the last six months, Amazon reading list and Facebook friends.

- Only foreigners will receive a visa who can prove that they are not members of a fundamentalist religion/church (like Pentecostals, Wahabites (Saudi Arabia), Taliban, Wassila Assembly of God, e.g.).

:content:

PS: This solution will free the US Americans from having too much contact with too many foreigners with different ideas and thoughts which are undermining their country like communist concepts like national health care, democracy, e.g.

After this the TSA must only find a way to prevent Canadians from entering the USA.

:cool:

By the way, these are the offical TSA rules, as of Dec. 25:

1. Perform thorough pat-down of all passengers at boarding gate prior to boarding, concentrating on upper legs and torso.

2. Physically inspect 100 percent of all passenger accessible property at the boarding gate prior to boarding, with focus on syringes being transported along with powders and/or liquids.

During flight, the aircraft operator must ensure that the following procedures are followed:

1. Passengers must remain in seats beginning 1 hour prior to arrival at destination.

2. Passenger access to carry-on baggage is prohibited beginning 1 hour prior to arrival at destination.

3. Disable aircraft-integrated passenger communications systems and services (phone, internet access services, live television programming, global positioning systems) prior to boarding and during all phases of flight.

4. While over U.S. airspace, flight crew may not make any announcement to passengers concerning flight path or position over cities or landmarks.

5. Passengers may not have any blankets, pillows, or personal belongings on the lap beginning 1 hour prior to arrival at destination.

Gizmodo

PS: I guess Europeans should be banned as well. Just see this comment by a NY Times reader:

[color:red]Monarchist Europe[/color] continues to deflect terrorist acts onto America and the residue of their former colonial world :like Srebrenica, Bosnia. All flights on European carriers should be forced down in New Foundland and all contents searched and all foreign passengers [color:blue]strip searched on an open tarmac[/color]: until the US is sure that [color:red]fascist Europe[/color] gets the message.

NYT

:content:

Archived