Airline passengers see tighter security

cavanami

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tin Hat, hell...look at CNN!

I wish it as my stupid, pea brain tin hat...

BOMBSHELL: Evidence Clearly Indicates Staged Attack on Detroit Flight

CNN Airs Eyewitness Testimony that ‘Well-Dressed’ Indian accomplice helped Abdulmutallab board without passport and that man on plane filmed entire flight and bombing attempt...

http://www.infowars.com/bombshell-evidence-clearly-indicates-staged-attack-on-detroit-flight/

I saw an interview once with a security expert who worked for the Israeli airport security.

He said that all this public show of security with the taking off of shoes, keeping liquids, etc. is completely BS and is meant totally to make the public think they are being protected.

The Israelis are probalby the world's best at airport security for obvious reasons. He said what has been by far the most effective way to protect a flight is a) advance intelligence and B) expert security folks looking at each passenger and looking for telling signs of possible terrorists (nervousness, fidgeting, etc.).

He said you need experts like that. Its not an exact science.

All that TSA show of force stuff does is delay times. In Tel Aviv you have to get to the airport hours before an international flight and you are observed multiple times in the process with different eyes any of whom have the right to pull you out of line and question you further and/or search your luggage. They ask questions. What you say is not nearly as important as how you answer.

There is a tv show called 'Lie To Me' currently running in the U.S. that is about an expert who can see if you're lying or displaying certain things based on your facial and body signs.

Its those types of people that should be hired.

When I come back to LA from Asia, there are several people standing at the bottom of the runway. Almost always I get stopped and am asked a question or two. I am sent on my way and I can tell the person is looking to see 'how' I answer because the questions are very generic 'What was your purpose of visit to Thailand?' 'What do you do for a living sir?' behind dark glasses and an unsmiling face.

Yes, in Pattaya...fun? well, its a long story that I'll post on a mini trip report after I'm home.

I am infamously known for not being a drinker. Nothing against it. I just have an extremely low tolerance and...no joke....get a nice buzz before a bottle of beer is finished. 9am is not too early for me even after being up very late.

As for this thread, if we haven't, I think its criminal we haven't asked and/or researched what the Israelis are doing. I'm not saying we have to copy them exactly. However, they are arguably the best at airport security. Why not see what them and other similar airport security folks of the highest standards are doing. Some things may not be constitutional but we can at least imitate what is and/or tweak it to fit us.

I have heard of The Mentalist and enjoy the show. Funny thing is a 'mentalist' means something totally different to Brits, Aussies and Kiwis.

Of course we have to racially profile some folks. I can't speak for all black americans but other than Jesse and his ilk, everyone else would love it if we profiled some folks on the plane they or their loved one are about to get on. I've been stopped repeatedly coming back from Asia. I would stop me. Short visit, only black on the plane, repeated visits to a 'source country' as I've been told once or twice by airport staff. My only beef is it takes too long to get through LAX for me. Almost 3 hours last time. Also, the snidely remarks by one or two (always women) about my possibly being over there whoring.

I saw an interview once with a security expert who worked for the Israeli airport security.

He said that all this public show of security with the taking off of shoes, keeping liquids, etc. is completely BS and is meant totally to make the public think they are being protected.

The Israelis are probalby the world's best at airport security for obvious reasons. He said what has been by far the most effective way to protect a flight is a) advance intelligence and B) expert security folks looking at each passenger and looking for telling signs of possible terrorists (nervousness, fidgeting, etc.).

And in Isreal they take drastic measures if the border security thinks that someone is suspect.

Israeli airport security shoots a defenseless MacBook

shotlaptop2.jpg

:content:

Guest lazyphil

i got stopped at heathrow customs returning from LOS, i had a Thai playboy magazine in my hand luggage, the customs man saw it going through my bag, flicked through it and asked where his copy was and why i didn't buy him one, smiled and put it back in my bag!

Steve: I think 3 hours in customs would dissuade me from traveling altogether.

This thread reminds me of the time that kook shot up the El Al ticket counter at LAX some years back. My wife was doing administrative work in the upstairs offices and came down to the SQ ticket counter only to meet an inbound flight attendant who had duty-free cigarettes for me. She was standing right next to that moron when he opened fire.

When she returned home from work, she threw the cartons of Marlboros down and said, "You nearly got me killed today!" :eek:

i got stopped at heathrow customs returning from LOS, i had a Thai playboy magazine in my hand luggage, the customs man saw it going through my bag, flicked through it and asked where his copy was and why i didn't buy him one, smiled and put it back in my bag!

When I visited England in '06 to see friends, famiy and watch Arsenal, at the visa office in the states for purpose of visit I wrote "..to see The Arsenal"

When I got to Heathrow I was stopped by one of the customs officials and the guy was looking at my passport, etc. and asked 'purpose of visit' as he was looking at the visa I said 'To see Arsenal' and he smiled wide and said 'Good man. Welcome to England'. Obviously an Arsenal fan (glad he wasn't Tottenham). One of the funniest things I ever experienced at an airport.

Archived