Haiti

bust

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< Mr Kasit, attending the ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Retreat in Da Nang, Viet Nam on Thursday and Friday, said that Thailand decided to initially donate US$20,000 for humanitarian assistance in Haiti. >>

Maybe they'll donate another $20,000 later on. :hmmm:

<< He said that Thai officials were deciding on how to channel the aid to Haiti. >>

First they have to figure out where Haiti is. :(

Bangkok Post

18 Jan 2010

Govt considers more aid

The government is considering sending more aid, including rice, to Haiti, says Thepthai Senpong, spokesman for Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

The government has been criticised for not donating enough to the earthquake relief effort.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban said on Friday a pledge of about US$20,000 (640,000 baht) was only a first step.

The committee on disaster aid to foreign countries, chaired by permanent secretary for foreign affairs Theerakun Niyom, will meet tomorrow to consider further assistance.

Chavanond Intarakomalyasut, secretary to the foreign minister, said Thailand was ready to send medical supplies, doctors and even soldiers to join the United Nations effort.

Rush is telling the people not to donate to the Hati disaster.

Nice guy.

As a result of Rus's comments, and those of Robertson, I sms/text my $10 that comrade Obama's wife...er President Obama's wife asked us all to do. Wouldn't have, but fuck Rush...or maybe that is his strategy to get us to help? fuck him anyway.

I'm only aware of what Rush says when BKKTraveller keeps us advised. I sense a love-hate relationship between BT and Rush...at least on BT's side. :content:

HH

Noop!

I listen to Rush for a good laugh. If somebody else is on that I like to listen to, I listen to them.

I find Rush interesting that so many Conservatives listen to him and support him. (Doesn't say much about the party).

Archived