Haiti

bust

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's very sad. Last thing they needed. I see Pat Robertson wasted no time in calling it a punishment.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/sns-dc-robertson-haiti,0,1175550.story

Pat Robertson apparantly doesn't read his own bible. He deems to know the will of God. Biblically speaking, God has revealed his will to select people. Unless Robertson is claiming to be one of those he is violating the doctrines of christianiaty.

Furthermore, he sites an alleged pact with the devil the slaves made to rid themselves of their french slave masters.

Lets assume that is true. The pact at least. Given the life of being a slave in those days and making a pact being the only way to rid myself of that sorry state, can you blame them? What would he have recommended. Stay in bondage and save your soul? What an ass. Gives Christianity a bad name. This is coming from someone who identifies himself as one...not a good one mind you ;)

Funny though how the poorest are usually the most resilient.

I read an article once attributing the hardiness of Americans historically to a sort of Darwinian process.

The way over for the milliions of european immigrants was very strenuous. Many died on the way from all kinds of things. Pact in steerage, with little food, ventilation, bathroom facilities, etc. The ones that made it were the strongest.

Same goes for the middle passage of slaves that made it to the U.S. They were obviously under even worse conditions.

The result being a country made up of folks who can survive just about anything.

It's very sad. Last thing they needed. I see Pat Robertson wasted no time in calling it a punishment.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/sns-dc-robertson-haiti' date='0,1175550.story[/quote']

Pat Robertson apparantly doesn't read his own bible. He deems to know the will of God. Biblically speaking, God has revealed his will to select people. Unless Robertson is claiming to be one of those he is violating the doctrines of christianiaty.

Furthermore, he sites an alleged pact with the devil the slaves made to rid themselves of their french slave masters.

Lets assume that is true. The pact at least. Given the life of being a slave in those days and making a pact being the only way to rid myself of that sorry state, can you blame them? What would he have recommended. Stay in bondage and save your soul? What an ass. Gives Christianity a bad name. This is coming from someone who identifies himself as one...not a good one mind you ;)

Isn't Pat Robinson dinner friends with Larry Craig?

Both have wide stances don't they?

The last news report I saw guess ed at 50,000 dead with hundreds of thousands injured and 1 in 3 affected. I believe the total population of Haiti is 9 million or thereabouts.

Terrible tragedy...just like Pat Robertson, who I seem to remember claimed that God speaks to him personally...perhaps Sarah Palin will invite him to be her running mate in 2012...the year the world ends.

"...Furthermore, he sites an alleged pact with the devil the slaves made to rid themselves of their french slave masters..."

So what was god offering? Only a schmuck would take the lousy deal.

As for "almighty god" if he truely exists, why does he allow shit like this to happen to the same old poor dark people all the time? why did he allow other atrocities to occur? Such as the holocaust? or the Khmer Rogue? All while allowing the same old rich and privileged to go on while nothing ever happens to them...just does not seem right or in line with what "he" is supposed to be about.

BTW, if all this "natural disaster" stuff is really god punishing people, how is it any different from the evil that "satan" brings down?

Doesn't Haiti have the unenviable distinction of being the poorest country in the western hemisphere?

poorest in the northern hemisphere.....

50 % is below 1 $ a day.... no way to survive on this.

If there ever is a country that didn't need this and a country that would be my rare exception to be invaded, taken over and part of the American doctrine of 'nation building' its Haiti.

absolutely agree, anex them.

BB

Archived