The Poll (Heineken not McD's). Is LOS too expensive to drop an airfare

Coss

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd still quite happily live back in Bangkok. Not as cheap as it once was but still affordable if you live a modest lifestyle not out every night etc IMHO. But I still think holidays are a totally different kettle of fish and agree with OH that prices in many areas in recent years have got out of hand. Especially bad for those of us being paid in £ or $. As has also been mentioned by others, I know lots of guys who have either stopped going to Thailand now or are drasticly cutting back on their visits.

Simie.

p.s. Big Heinecken at a Bangkok 7-Eleven: about 65 baht.

Case of Leo 24 330ml bottles when I was in Hua Hin Tesco Lotus 450 baht or 18.75 per beer.

I like Leo!!!!!!!!

And you can buy a case of 24 beers in a UK supermarket for around the same price!

Simie.

Coss,

Your Poll is Flawed since you have not stipulated the premises in which said Heineken is to be purchased. Even in and around Bangkok one could pay anywhere from the lower end to the top end of the scale, depending if in a local cafe, Thai Bar, Wesern Bar, Go Go Bar or 5 Star Hotel Bar.

Ahh... the analyst in you comes to the fore, and on the face of it you are right. But I'm thinking that this is a little more subjective. I do mean LOS gogo bars for the LOS consumption.

When I go to drink the Heineken in middle earth I generally tend to go to the same style of places.

So for me the comparison is between a night out here and one in LOS as measured by a unit of Heineken. The standard of the establishment is immaterial as it is always the same.

So if one drinks at the most expensive places outside LOS then the LOS gogo bars may indeed be cheaper, by a long stretch.

Whereas if one drinks in average pubs and bars as I do here, the cost of a Heineken in a LOS gogo bar can make for an expensive evening therein.

Probably clear as mud that, but I understand.

Cheers

Coss

now adays:

room at federal is 1500+

drinks are going for 140-160++

short time SOME ASKING 1500-2500

Long time SOME ASKING 3000+

bar fines 500-700-1500

May I respectufully remind the community that thread-starter Mr. Coss is after sanuking prices and not condos near On Nut BTS .

As usual , Mr. OldHippie comes up with a scientifically based emotion-free analysis which I may take the liberty to comment on :

Considering 2 drinks + long time asking price plus 700 barfine we end up at 4020 Bht , resulting in 89 Euros . In comparison a visit to a nightclub plus an overnight boom boom would cost you 4 times that in Europe , minimum .

Though the Federal Hotel is unknown to me I may take the recently discovered Salil Hotel , end of Soi 8 , as an example for a brilliant small property for a price of I believe 1800 Bht which is about 40 € . Nuff said .

A Heineken in a gogo - like place in Germany consider 800 Bht , not upmarket .

Archived