what do these girls want???!!!!

kedbecker

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with the figuring out of women. The first guy that does rules the world LOL!

Gossip columnists seem to have them pretty well figured out - I'm totally pissed off by how little of our 'news' is actually hard news in 2010 - do we really give a flying f*ck who Sandra/Brad/Ange are screwing ? It seems to be either that or a daring expose of schoolkids smoking outside a shopping centre. Real Pulitzer shit, and I blame it on women.

I'll never refrain from further postings. I started this thread and I feel responsible for it as long as anyone writes anything related to the Original Post.

if something bothers me it's women's approach in general (I mean the kind of women I described in this post. not all women are like that). not this specific woman.

thanks for your opinion. I admit that it might be prdictable but I almost never see anyone write something along those lines. you can also see from some of the respnses that people had a hard time accepting/agreeing. it's like people don't like anyone rattling the boat.

so today I'm sitting in the mall at one of those tables at the food court, and I see 2 girls approach. one is quite pretty so I look at her and she looks at me back. quite obviously interested, but I'm not really in the mood for starting anything so I just look at her. they go past me and I look back at her, and she turns around and looks back at me, but I still don't do anything. they continue to get farther away and she looks back another 2 or 3 times, until I decide that's too much. I feel like I'd be insulting the girl if I didn't go and talk to her, so I get up and start walking towards them. when they see this they turn around and start walking toward me. when we get close I smile and say "hello". the girl just looks at me and continues to walkl like I'm air.... WHAT??? GEEZ.. what do these girls want? after all that eye contact now I'm supposed to chase her like a dog? of course I didn't do anything...

Me thinks you think to mut.

Let's look at your own description of events.

"I see 2 girls approach. one is quite pretty so I look at her and she looks at me back. quite obviously interested" ...

Why do you assume she is interested?

Yes, peoples eyes catch sometimes, but it does not denote interest in another. It may simply be the case that she is looking at you because you are staring at her, no more, no less.

"... but I'm not really in the mood for starting anything so I just look at her..."

If no interest, why do you continue with it, as you say, "they go past me and I look back at her". If no interest why do you show interest.

"... she turns around and looks back at me, but I still don't do anything. they continue to get farther away and she looks back another 2 or 3 times, until I decide that's too much. I feel like I'd be insulting the girl if I didn't go and talk to her..."

For someone with no interest, you keep playing this 'little game' for some time.

Some call it a 6th sense but a person can sometimes tell when they are being watched. Maybe because of the way that you did look at her she felt this 6th sense kick in, and as her suspicions were raised she was right, because you continued to stare/look at her. Her continuing actions still does not amount to her having "an interest in you". It might have been the case that she/they did, but you cannot assume this.

Also, why is it that you think you would insult a girl who has just past you by, by having to go up to her?

"...so I get up and start walking towards them. when they see this they turn around and start walking toward me ..."

Yet another assumption, maybe they had gone as far as where they were going to and it was a mere coincidence, who knows.

"... when we get close I smile and say "hello". the girl just looks at me and continues to walk like I'm air..."

It seems to me that they indeed did not have any interest in you. That your series of assumptions and your own actions contributed to your own misunderstanding of the situation.

[am I] supposed to chase her like a dog?

No, plenty of fish in the sea. Sometimes it just does not happen the way you want it to. Maybe, being the Thai way she just smiled at you to be polite, which does not translate to having an interest in you. In any country, some stranger coming up to you and saying 'hi' does not mean the other person wants to know you. Indeed, in Thailand, a GTG would freeze if a farang says hi and she is then spotted by work colleagues speaking to a farang, maybe this was the case. In some mixed raced relationships in Thailand, until the Thai girl knows that you are really serious with her she may still not want for her to be viewed with you (her farang man) in public.

As you say, you have great luck with the ladies, and I would brush this one incident off as a learning curve.

it's a bit strange for me to answer this post. I feel like the answers are quite obvious. but here goes...

as a short answer I can just refer you to my post about a simlar situation which ended quite differently (page 4 on this thread). the two incidents had a lot in common (as I discovered while writing about it) and I think the difference between them (the girl's reaction at the end) tells a lot about some womens' expectations.

now for the long answer,

"Why do you assume she is interested?"

I didn't assume that she was interested. I saw from her look that she was. I've been around long enough to be able to tell the difference between just a look and an interested look. it's not that difficult. in fact everybody does it. usually men don't come up to women unless she gives them the "go ahead". if men weren't able to tell when a woman is interested and when she is not the success rates of 'hitting' on women would be zilch. of course I can't prove she was interested. you can either take my word for it or not. it's up to you.

"If no interest, why do you continue with it"

I think the answer to that is quite obvious. everybody like it if a beautiful girl shows interest in them. even if I wansn't interested in the whole 'approach her-charm her-get her phone number' routine I would definitely not have rejected her if something would have happened witout too much effort.

women feel and behave like that all the time. many a time you can watch girls in night clubs for example quite oblivious to their surrounding, enjoying and dancing among themselves. they don't look around for men and might generally not care about hooking up at that time. but it doesn't mean that if some handsome guy would approach them they would reject him. they would let things happen, they just wouldn't pursue them themselves.

why is it that when women feel and behave like that it's perfectly normal and when men do the same it's so bizarre?

"a person can sometimes tell when they are being watched"

of course they can. especially women. women know that men look at them all the time, and they don't need a 6th sense for that. but, if you've ever walked down the street and look at women, you'd know that they usually don't look back. they know that if they look back at someone who looks at them it's like they are inviting him to approach them. so usually girls don't look back at guys who are looking at them, even if all they want to do is just read what's written on the guy's T-shirt or something, because they don't want to give him the wrong idea.

if a girl does look back at a guy who shows interest in her, it's usually because she is interested too and wants him to approach her.

"why is it that you think you would insult a girl who has just past you by"

like I said I don't think she has "just passed me by". I think she showed obvious interest, but I can't prove it. it's up to you to believe it or not.

and since girls usually don't show when they are interested in someone, then when a girl does I would expect her to be insulted if she wouldn't get a good response to that.

"maybe they had gone as far as where they were going to and it was a mere coincidence"

of course it could have been a coincidence, but you have to consider the situation. she looks at me, I look at her, she looks at me again, and again, and just as I get up to go after her, she starts heading back. that's a big coincidence. it's not science. I can't prove everything to you. you have to use some common sense.

I think at this point it becomes quite clear that you are mainly disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing and use anything you can find to support that cause.

"[am I] supposed to chase her like a dog?

No, plenty of fish in the sea"

that was a rhetorical question. of course I'm not going to chase her. the question I was actually asking here is "why does she expect me to?"

"Maybe, being the Thai way she just smiled at you to be polite"

again, I've been in Thailand long enough to know the difference. If I would have hit on every girl that was being polite to me I would be doing only that all day.

"In any country, some stranger coming up to you and saying 'hi' does not mean the other person wants to know you"

I didn't get this one. so what do they want? and what were you trying to say there?

"in Thailand, a GTG would freeze if a farang says hi..."

that might be true. but then the question remains. if she was indeed interested in me approaching her (as I believe), how was anything going to happen without any cooperation from her? unless she expected me to make a big effort.

"I would brush this one incident off"

I don't care about this one incident. this is just an example for how some women (usually the more beautiful ones) behave and what they expect.

I have seen this happen again and again (not only to me but to other guys as well).

I'm sure it happened in one way or another to many guys on this forum too but for some reason they are not willing to admit it.

it's as if they are happy to say that they have done something wrong when they approached some woman who ignored them or rejected them in an insulting way. of course they might be right. but some women just expect a whole lot of effort from a man, any man, just in order to get their attention.

like I said in the beginning, I think everything I wrote here is quite obvious and common knowledge. "predictable", as Wolrdfun sescribed it. and still it seems people don't like to acknowledge that.

LizardKing called it already but I'll repeat it for emphasis: Kedbecker you are a troll. And see how many words you used in your last post. You must enjoy wasting your time as much as you enjoy wasting other people's.

how am I wasting other people's time? I'm not forcing anyone to read it.

the subject of this post was clear from the beginning. if you are not interested don't click on it. I've had enough responses to prove that people are interested and want to share their thoughts on the subject.

if you are still following this thread in which you have no interest than you really have some time wasting issues.

the fact that you take the time to reply to a thread you're not interested in and making comments that are off subject make you the pathetic troll, my friend.

now for the long answer,

"Why do you assume she is interested?"

I didn't assume that she was interested. I saw from her look that she was.

This story remind me once of a litigation matter I was involved in. It must have been a very young lawyer who had the matter pushed onto him by some greedy partner, probably rubbing his hands together as he muttered to himself, "let's use the newbie, and we will charge out at partner's rates - kaching, kaching".

Well, the interrogatories (written questions to ascertain a written response) were a work of art, asking questions at all angles, leaving no stone unturned; subtle variations of words that would lead an inexperience practitioner to error, and thus, assist the defense's case. An example interrogatory question was, "how do you say that at the angle in which the pole struck the plaintiff, as she walked past the pole, it caused injuries to the plaintiff?".

However, Rumpole of the Bailey must have been on the other side, because of the 123 interrogatories asked, in all but 5 it was answered, "the pole fell on her head".

Short and sweet, no need for long winded answers or explanations, the facts speak for themselves.

So, in short, and in response to your long winded diatribe, "in the end, she was not interested, she walked past - thus not interested in you one iota, as you mistakenly thought!"

Archived