What IS The Latest News On Red Shirts

bust

Cops ban sale of used, spare tyres

4:03pm

All police stations in Bangkok have been ordered to seize used tyres and spare tyres from warehouses and shops in the capital after protesters burned tyres on the streets during their clashes with security forces.

Metropolitan Police chief Santhan Chayanont said the order is aimed at denying protesters access to more tyres.

Shops must get permission from superintendents of police stations in their areas if they sell old tyres and give reasons for the sale.

Tthe Medical Council of Thailand warned on Tuesday the smoke from burning tyres could be carcinogenic if inhaled in large amounts.

Air polluted with toxic substances could also worsen the problems of people with heart disease and asthma, Dr Somsak Loelaeka, head of the council, said.

Don't get a flat!

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I once again notice that no red supporter can actually answer my very simple question: just how exactly is pressing on in this situation furthering the red's stated cause?

A corollary is how was turning down 14 Nov elections furthering your quest for democratic free-n-fair elections?

Most know the answer, but I'd like to see the spin. I can't even get that. I just get ignored. :(

I suspect that the rank and file believe that if they give up now they will never see another fair election in their lifetimes.

Abhisit and Suthep will procrastinate until the system is manipulated to virtually render the rural vote meaningless.

I once again notice that no red supporter can actually answer my very simple question: just how exactly is pressing on in this situation furthering the red's stated cause?

A corollary is how was turning down 14 Nov elections furthering your quest for democratic free-n-fair elections?

Most know the answer, but I'd like to see the spin. I can't even get that. I just get ignored. :(

I don't know that the UDD leadership ever "turned down" the Abhisit Roadmap as a whole, but I can't see how they could sign a blank check for a deal like "I will hold elections on 14th Nov. if I'm in a good mood. But anyway, you guys won't be part of it because you'll be rotting in jail - if not executed - as terrorist convicts."

And why is that? That stretches the bounds of credulity. Abhisit is Mr Clean by all standards.

And the corollary? Why did they not accept the elections that were handed to them in good faith? Same reason?

OK then, I'll bite. What do they want then? It seems that nothing will please them. Any election must be rigged if they do not get their way? You're Mr Red...what would make you happy? Thaksin installed by decree as PM for life? Or what? Really curious.

I suspect that the rank and file believe that if they give up now they will never see another fair election in their lifetimes.

Abhisit and Suthep will procrastinate until the system is manipulated to virtually render the rural vote meaningless.

That is what they have been told, over and over again. There is no basis in fact for that belief. If you have something, please say so.

I assume you think this because you are convinced that when an election is held, the PTP will win a resounding majority. Nothing could be further from the truth and the PTP will probably do much worse then in 2007 as several key factions have left and either started their own party or joined another. The Janurary 2009 by-election made very clear how weak the PTP was except in the core faction areas.

TH

I don't know that the UDD leadership ever "turned down" the Abhisit Roadmap as a whole, but I can't see how they could sign a blank check for a deal like "I will hold elections on 14th Nov. if I'm in a good mood. But anyway, you guys won't be part of it because you'll be rotting in jail - if not executed - as terrorist convicts."

Of course you are pulling shit outta your ass about the date not being honored as presented. And about jail terms for anyone but the leaders (now not true but then it was). But whatever.

So I'll ask the same as J2 -- what will make you happy Mr Red? Really. Obviously elections are not what you want. Therefore democracy is not what you want. What is then? It seems anarchy is the preferred red path now eh?

Archived