Author of Arizona immigration law wants to end birthright citizenship

cavanami

Do any other countries in the world have such an idiotic measure as the USA has???

I know that Japan does NOT have this!

I agree with ending this 110%!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100521/pl_ynews/ynews_pl2192

The author of Arizona's immigration law, state Sen. Russell Pearce, told constituents he wants to pass another measure to invalidate citizenship granted to the children of illegal aliens...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do any other countries in the world have such an idiotic measure as the USA has???

The author of Arizona's immigration law, state Sen. Russell Pearce, told constituents he wants to pass another measure to invalidate citizenship granted to the children of illegal aliens...

How many of our ancestors who came to the USA became citizens before having children?

Text from Amendment XIV, Section 1, Clause 1 to the Constitution of the United States of America:

“All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Good luck with that one.

The author of Arizona's immigration law' date=' state Sen. Russell Pearce, told constituents he wants to pass another measure to invalidate citizenship granted to the children of illegal aliens...[/quote']

How many of our ancestors who came to the USA became citizens before having children?

Thousands of Americans are sons of european immigrants who came here illegally with doctored papers, etc. I've heard it said that the ethnic slur for Italians, WOP, was because at Ellis Island so many were arriving without proper documentation,they were labeled W.O.P. for Without Papers and the designation transfered into a slur.

Its a slippery slope. I don't like it when women south of the border come over pregnant just to have a baby in the country but its up to this country to stop them at them at border.

You could say to the mother possibly, the baby can stay, its a citizen, you aren't. Very harsh and she'll have to go back with the baby and the baby can return when its of the age of majority a full citizen but that has problems as well.

What if a person on a work or vacation visa has a child here? Is that child's citizen invalid as well?

Its all rhetoric anyway, it won't stand the constitutional test. It will get thrown out in its own state. I'd be very surprised if it passes.

I completely understand the frustration but these 'bad' laws and that is what they are, are helping the cause of illegal immigration in public opinion. People who have parents from other countries have to start wondering 'am I next?'. Its not going to be seen as just a 'latino issue', but an anti immigrant of all stripes issue if they are not careful.

US Citizenship should and does have value. It should be earned and not freely given away, as it presently is!

The US should do the same as Japan and other countries, just because a baby is born in Japan, the baby is NOT an automatic Japanese citizen, has been this way for many, many years.

The early years in the USA, we needed people, so we encouraged immigrants. Those days are over. Time for US citizenship to be valued and earned. Change the US constitution, whatever it takes, but the politicians need to get a move on this!!!

Archived