Author of Arizona immigration law wants to end birthright citizenship

cavanami

If the parents are in the states illegally the child should not get American citizenship just because it was born on US soil. Totally ridiculous that they would become US citizens.

Not many bitched about this in the past. We were an underpopulated country and needed citizens to do the work, pay taxes, whatever, so it was ignored mostly.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the parents are in the states illegally the child should not get American citizenship just because it was born on US soil. Totally ridiculous that they would become US citizens.

woulda coulda shoulda.

(Are we drunks in a sports bar arguing about our high school football teams yet?)

The 14th amendment is clear, and this amendment is widely regarded as one of the most important amendments of what defines America, along with the first 10. (Let's not leave out the most important of them all, the 21st.)

Come back to me when you get that changed. This is an imaginary crisis.

For what it's worth, I like that fact, because it de-emphasizes citizenship on the basis of ethnicity and genetic stock. Fuck Japan, where a Korean family line can live there for many generations cleaning toilets and not be citizens. This is the genius of America. We saw a poo-ying of Arab genetic stock working the pole.

God Bless America!

Bring back conscription. All male illegals over 18 who are found must immediately register with the draft boards. They will then be inducted. If they serve honorably, they get citizenship. If they refuse to serve, they get deported. That should take care of filling up the military anyway.

In the movie, 'Born in East L.A.', the protagonist was a U.S. citizen and veteran who could barely speak Spanish, and he got deported anyway. :neener:

A problem in Thailand for many years were the hill tribes who had settled in the north in the early 1900s. Though they'd lived here for generations, the Thais didn't want them and refused to give them citizenship. Eventually, the Thais realised the hill tribes were not going to go away and finally gave them Thai citizenship. Most have adopted Thai names and are becoming more integrated with Thai society.

p.s. Cheech Marin was great in that movie! :)

Obama to send 1,200 National Guard troops to bolster border with Mexico

John McCain, defeated by Obama in the 2008 presidential race, and fellow Arizona senator Jon Kyl were among those arguing for a deployment and Republicans were planning to try to attach it as an amendment to a pending war spending bill.

McCain gave a lukewarm response to news that additional guard troops were to be dispatched. Speaking on the Senate floor, he said there was a need for 6,000 troops in total, describing the situation on the border as "greatly deteriorated".

"I appreciate the additional 1,200 being sent … as well as an additional $500m but it's simply not enough," he said.

Guardian

The reason the southern border is what it is is because nobody for the last 150 years did not want to spend any money to enforce border security.

John McCain and Kyl are both blow hearts. Neither one has done anything for Arizona, not one damn thing. McCain wants to get elected saying Kyl and him have a great plan. Bull shit! If they had a plan, they would implement it now instead of trying to use citizens as hostages for their re-elections.

It always amazes me how many expats who choose not to live in the USA seem to have an opinion that they know what is best for those of us who live here and have to deal with this shit everyday...sorry, but been dying to use that, and frankly some have had it coming... :argue::stirthepo

"...This is an imaginary crisis..."

Bullshit! Where do you live anyway? I may have to coin a popular phrase and say "if you don't live here/there then you have no clue and thus your opinion is meaningless..." :stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo

I live in Arizona and I live near the border.

The rancher's death that brought about Arizona SB 1070 was caused probably by illegal drugs.

After the rancher's death, the local people had a meeting and their first question was how come the Border Patrol isn't at the border?

Excellent question...answer might be they are "in town" rounding up those who got in? or just plain fucking off like most cops...in any event, fine they go back to the border...now who rounds up those who are here and or still got through?

Archived