Author of Arizona immigration law wants to end birthright citizenship

cavanami

I don't see enough votes to change the constitution, 3/4 of all governors won't go for it. There are way too many Democrats in Congress as well. Obama would never sign it. Its a non starter. The only chance you have of that passing was from '00 to '06 and even then it would have been a big ask.

This won't happen. Too many Americans with parents of foreign ancestry (see Flash I didn't use descent :content: )

If the border was properly policed this wouldn't even be an issue. Your real beef should be with the federal goverment whose job it is to protect the border. Its my humble opinion that the government has violated its constitutional obligation in spirit if not in actual law.

Its akin to someone being able to walk into your home at any time because you had all the accesses to your home open and once there they had to right to whats in your fridge and medicine cabinet.

The country is irrecovable f**ked. This is just one of several reasons we are. I'm still adamant about it. Love the country to bits but I love a terminally ill woman.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Shirley" you don't mean the party with a religious faction who don't believe in separation of church and state? Or has privacy and having the government out of our private lives as a cornerstone of its principles but is fully for the echelon computer reading all our constitutional protected electronic mail and communication and pushed the Patriot's Act on us. Not that one?

God, I'm sounding like a Democrat now. A conservative family member of mine told me over the last year or so I've become a liberal...lol..he said "just get a hybrid car and complete the process"...my brother is too funny at times.

Anyway, this Arizona stuff has set real and effective immigration reform back a ways. Its done more harm than good. We don't even need new laws. The old ones aren't even being enforced.

Listen.

Set up Repatration Centers at the border. Involve Mexico if they are willing.

Collect all that are not in US legally. Take them to the processing centers and document everything about them. Then put them on a bus and send them back to Mexico.

If they have legal children in US. Then make an offer to the illegal parent. The child can stay in an orphanage type home OR go back to Mexico with parent.

Done deal.

Set up a serious "guest" program for workers. Document them properly and let them come in as needed.

Done deal.

IMHO, the real issue is undocumented workers. If workers needed documentation and there was a sufficient deterrent to hiring undocumented workers, then the issue of illegal immigration would go away.

Of course, the GOP wouldn't have the balls to propose such an idea, because they LIKE having cheap labor to pick our crops, clean our bathrooms, and mow our lawns.

This whole "show me your papers" law really bothers me. Suppose I get pulled over for speeding and the pea-brained cop decides I look illegal. If I don't have my papers, will I be deported? Maybe not likely for me, as I am too much of a white-bread Caucasian, but an awful lot of citizens and legally documented aliens are not. Huge slippery slope ...

I wonder just how effective the government would be at protecting and monitoring the southern border (I will exclude the northern one due to relevancy to the topic) if it was found that terrorists have made transporting people and materials across the southern border their main strategy?

Bring back conscription. All male illegals over 18 who are found must immediately register with the draft boards. They will then be inducted. If they serve honorably, they get citizenship. If they refuse to serve, they get deported. That should take care of filling up the military anyway. :hmmm:

p.s. First waive the rule that non-citizens do not have to serve in a combat zone without their own consent.

No worries...Prez. O is on it...how the fark he can "order" National Guard (usually under the control of the state's governor)...

Troops to the Mexican border: Obama to send 1,200

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_national_guard_border_10

WASHINGTON – Under pressure to take action, President Barack Obama on Tuesday ordered 1,200 National Guard troops to boost security along the U.S.-Mexico border, pre-empting Republican efforts to force a congressional vote to send the troops.

Obama will also request $500 million for border protection and law enforcement activities, according to lawmakers and administration ..officials.

Archived